584,863 active members*
4,866 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > Turn off spindle during program execution stop

Turn off spindle during program execution stop

Lathe machine with a 21iT.

I would like to know if what I want to achieve can be by parameter change or if I must edit the machine ladder.

In my work is often needed to stop the program execution (in the controller is shows MEM HOLD), while the machine is not cutting (after a retraction, for example). In this case sometimes, I want to be able to stop the spindle simply by pressing the spindle stop button.
    I use this for cleaning the material.
    After that, pressing the RUN button, the machine should resume the work AFTER the spindle is on again.
    I worked in a machine with the functionality that I am describing and I would like to implement on a new machine that I have now.

Thank you for any information

For future reference I was able to achieve this by changing the ladder.

Hi,

Just before you want to stop put your [ Single Block ] ON.
    Finish that line and make a [ Spindle Stop ], clean your product or do something else, after this, put your machine on [ JOG ], start the spindle [CW] or [CWW] and back to [ Memory ], [ Single Block ] OFF and push [ START ] button again, program will proceed.

Maybe later you can change the Ladder diagram or a parameter but for now this must work.

Heavy_Metal
    The Netherlands.

@ heavy,

With my mach. a accuway with oi-tc controll when i switch from memory to jog the spindel always stops. I dont want this but want it to keep running til i press spindel stop. when i press spindel CW the spindel stops again when switching to mem. I always have to do M3 in MDI before switching to memory and resuming work. Any idea's??

Groeten