585,996 active members*
4,675 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Haas Machines > Haas Mills > High intensity lights...bypassing door switches?

Hybrid View

High intensity lights...bypassing door switches?

Is there a software way to do this? Or hardware? I just want to be able to turn them off and on as I please, as any good control freak would!

Close the door 1/2" from fully open to turn off.

Software or hardware, meaning in the controller. Anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Matt@RFR View Post
    Close the door 1/2" from fully open to turn off.

I know what you were asking, but there is no way to do it unless you want to hook the lights up to an M code if you have spares. Seems like a lot of work when just moving the door a tiny bit does the same thing.

Let's just say, purely for the sake of argument of course, that there is no way that the controller knows the state of the doors. In this extremely unlikely scernario, I'd like to be able to turn those lights on and off with a push button. Ultimately I'd like to replace those halogen lights with LED lights anyway, and in that case I won't have to worry about cooking the paint on the top of the doors. So no need for auto shutoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt@RFR View Post
    I know what you were asking, but there is no way to do it unless you want to hook the lights up to an M code if you have spares. Seems like a lot of work when just moving the door a tiny bit does the same thing.

Mark,
    just wire in a on off switch into there.
    kinda like the inside lights that have the on off switch on the right side of the panel. below the usb port. I have one on mine for the inside lights.
    matter of fact you may be able to use that switch. just be sure to check voltage.
    no m codes needed.

Delw

Quote Originally Posted by MarkSerbu View Post
    Let's just say, purely for the sake of argument of course, that there is no way that the controller knows the state of the doors. In this extremely unlikely scenario, I'd like to be able to turn those lights on and off with a push button. Ultimately I'd like to replace those halogen lights with LED lights anyway, and in that case I won't have to worry about cooking the paint on the top of the doors. So no need for auto shutoff.
    Yes in that unlikely scenario..wink wink I have that same scenario.
    I won't have to worry about cooking the paint on the top of the doors
    I never installed my High intensity lights for just that reason..still sitting in the box. Should sell that by the way..:idea:
    I was at SEMA this year and one of the main things I was looking at was LED's. Sooo many choices but the great way to go. Just need a little time
    Gary