585,764 active members*
4,533 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > SprutCAM > SprutCAM, Should have done this before.
Page 1 of 2 12

SprutCAM, Should have done this before.

I'm a new user of SprutCAM. I have to admit it, things in this little market are just plain expensive. I thought I'd go the cheap route and started with BobCAD. I've done a few things on it, it works, but.... Even for me, a newby, I found BobCAD too teadious. Too many steps to get the code I needed. MasterCAM was too expensive, solidcam, surfcam, featurecam, all fall under this category. However, SprutCAM gave me most of the features of the high end, high dollar stuff but at a reasonable price. I hope to attract more users of it to this board.

No, I'm not paid to post these... a discount would be nice though. Thanks Sprut!

Quote Originally Posted by borrisl
    I'm a new user of SprutCAM. I have to admit it, things in this little market are just plain expensive. I thought I'd go the cheap route and started with BobCAD. I've done a few things on it, it works, but.... Even for me, a newby, I found BobCAD too teadious. Too many steps to get the code I needed. MasterCAM was too expensive, solidcam, surfcam, featurecam, all fall under this category. However, SprutCAM gave me most of the features of the high end, high dollar stuff but at a reasonable price. I hope to attract more users of it to this board.

No, I'm not paid to post these... a discount would be nice though. Thanks Sprut!

((sigh))
    No pricing on their site - if you don't mind me asking, how much is SprutCAM?

Mark

Sprutcam price

according to their web site cost of program is $3200.00

Quote Originally Posted by opua
    according to their web site cost of program is $3200.00

Now I feel stupid - I was at their website and didn't see that

Thanks!

The Machinist 2-2.5D version starts at $1800US
    Contact me if you have any further questions, or visit my site for more information at http://www.sprut.ca
    Tokay Tech Inc.
    www.sprut.ca
    www.cnc-programming.com

If you need a CAD program to, call Alibre, I am working a HECK of a deal with them for a lot less than $3200 for the expert one.
    Donald

Yes Alibre is pretty good for CAD. It is cheap too and the maintenance cost is low as well. I went with them for the CAD package. Although SprutCAM is only included in the Alibre Expert Edition and it is only a 1 year license, after that you have to purchase SprutCAM. Also Alibre does not give you any support to SprutCAM. But their CAD software is unbeatable in the price category.
    Tokay Tech Inc.
    www.sprut.ca
    www.cnc-programming.com

Krisz,
    Can you tell me if the SC that is with alibre is changed after there 90 day period. I have seen forum post that say yes, and some that say no.
    Donald

Smile

The SprutCAM version that you get with Alibre is the exact same version as what you can purchase with the exception of it will only work for 90 days or 1 year depends on the version of the Alibre Design that you purchase or the deal you got from Alibre. Also the version you get from Alibre comes with no support at all no manual and no hardware key. So in a sense it is the same and in other it is not.
    Tokay Tech Inc.
    www.sprut.ca
    www.cnc-programming.com

Quote Originally Posted by Krisz View Post
    Also the version you get from Alibre comes with no support at all no manual and no hardware key. So in a sense it is the same and in other it is not.
    Is the pdf listed on the website as the manual not the same as you get with the product? (just not printed, right?)

Ciao!

Jason

yes that is correct
    Tokay Tech Inc.
    www.sprut.ca
    www.cnc-programming.com

Is a professionally printed manual printed manual of SprutCAM 4 Expert available?

Mike

Michael

Yes it is available to purchase from me. It should have been included into the package of your SprutCAM license, when you purchased SprutCAM from your retailer. Please e-mail me directly if you need a manual at [email protected]
    Tokay Tech Inc.
    www.sprut.ca
    www.cnc-programming.com

Krisz - thanks, email just sent.

Mike

does sprutcam have a maintenance fee ?

SprutCAM currently does not have any maintenance fee.
    Tokay Tech Inc.
    www.sprut.ca
    www.cnc-programming.com

Can you upgrade from one version of SprutCAM to a higher level? Say I purchased Machinist, but then found I need true 3D and lathe. Could I purchase an upgrade or would I need to buy the full retail expert package?

Quote Originally Posted by johntm View Post
    Can you upgrade from one version of SprutCAM to a higher level? Say I purchased Machinist, but then found I need true 3D and lathe. Could I purchase an upgrade or would I need to buy the full retail expert package?
    You can upgrade no problem.
    Tokay Tech Inc.
    www.sprut.ca
    www.cnc-programming.com

Quote Originally Posted by Krisz View Post
    You can upgrade no problem.
    I have a USB hardware lock for my version of 2007 and moved up to the beta version downloaded from he Sprut website because I was having so much trouble getting a consistent result. However after 30 days the "license" for the beta expired and I had to drop back down to the 2007 version. Apparently the beta doesn't support the hardware key?

Cairns,

Just guessing, but it sounds like you downloaded the 30-day demo instead of the retail version, or maybe the beta was limited to 30 days. If you email Sprut, they should be able to supply you with a link to the current retail Build of SC 2007.

Mike

Page 1 of 2 12