584,829 active members*
4,837 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

OSP7000 manuals

Hello.

I recently adquired a LB15II. I do not know OKUMAS but I have a fair knowledge in Fanucs where I can solve my daily issues.
    I would like to know if anyone can give me a source for user manuals. I am especially interested in the parameter manual (if this exist in Okumas like in Fanucs). All possible manuals would be great.
    For example I need to change the language of the controller to English (to then solve the list of alarms:drowning and I do not have a ideia...

If anyone can inform on the procedure for changing the machine settings it would be great.

Thank you

The language is hard set in the software. To change it will require Okuma to supply a new set of floppies specifically tailored to suit your machine then they must be loaded into the controller using the special Install Mode. Unlike Fanuc options are not there in the control but turned off (and hidden/secret). Adding any Okuma options requires new system software to be loaded.

Manuals for OSP7000 are not available in pdf. You can buy them from places like ebay etc. I've heard if you contact Okuma they will supply manuals if you give them your machine serial number but they may also charge you a fee for them. Your mileage may vary depending on your location and who you contact.

Alternatively if you have any questions about Okuma simply ask here and someone will answer. I have a full set of OSP7000 manuals (totalling several thousand pages) and I may provide some specific pages as pdf from those manuals if required. If you play with the control its not difficult to figure it out. The programming is basically Fanuc G-code but most of the canned cycles are different numbers (with similar or identical functionality).

Also, do a search in the Okuma forum as there are 1000's of examples of programs, including some specifically for your exact machine. If you do a search and don't find an answer ask about your specific issue here in the Okuma forum. Please don't ask general questions like how to program your machine without giving a specific example of what you want to do because we won't be able to assist you. when asking for help remember to provide as much info as possible so we don't have to guess what you want.

Thank you.
    It was not the reply that I wanted to hear but I understand.
    The machine shows a few alarms as I am turn it on for the first time. I must first translate the alarms then lets see if it not hardware.

post the alarm no's and I can look them up in my manual.....

Can you jog/move the machine

Just a guess, but are they Door related alarms and possibly e-stop related?

Every Okuma machine I've ever seen requires you to open the door after start up. If you have a key in the door interlock, you'll have to pull it out and reinsert so that it sees the door interlock switch is working.

Thank you for the tip.
    Until now, after I bought the machine, I only power up the machine twice:

1) To check if it power up and to see the controller. I saw a list of alarms, then I turned off the controller. My biggest concern was if the controller was damaged, but since it power up, then I was more confident.

2) Today (before I read the latest reply): The controller does not start. In the control, during the boot now says:

SBP MONITOR
    and in the top, a alarm:
    938 ALARMP VAC start 1001FFFF

I must say that the machine between 1) and 2) was just still.
    Now I am concerned ...

Quote Originally Posted by Jashley73 View Post
    Can you jog/move the machine

Just a guess, but are they Door related alarms and possibly e-stop related?

Every Okuma machine I've ever seen requires you to open the door after start up. If you have a key in the door interlock, you'll have to pull it out and reinsert so that it sees the door interlock switch is working.

that alarm covers 3 pages in the alarm book. fortunately it is very exact.
    error code 1001FFFF - Data link with VAC has not been established within 20 seconds.

First, power off then on again. My machine frequently comes up with SBP Monitor alarms. Simply powering off/on allows it to boot.

If that does not work carefully check the fiber optic (orange) cables. If you shine a torch light at one end you should see light at the other end. If not the fiber optic cable is bad/broken. Be very careful those cables are extremely fragile.

The manual also says probable faulty locations.....
    1. VAC drive unit
    2. TFP board

I must get a hand on the manuals, unfortunately I think I will need them several times.
    Looking at the electrical cabinet, I can see that both the VACIII drive units (it have one quite large and one smaller) are with error 15.
    I believe that before powering the controller the VAC units are already displaying this error. My initial question now is if the error is a normal error that passes after the controller boots OR if this error is what causes the controller not to boot.

The manuals are really not that helpful as far as fixing it is concerned.
    All of the alarm info is in the control as well. Press the HELP button to see the same brief info that is in the alarm book.

The controller has not booted up. That's why you see the SBP Monitor message.
    Alarms after boot-up appear at the top of the main screen and info about it can be accessed with the HELP button.

Regardless of when it happens an error is an error. it means hardware trouble usually.
    If you are not electronically minded you need to seek professional repair help.

Searching over the web I saw that error 15 on the VAC could mean that the drive is lacking on phase. Can someone confirm this on a manual?
    If the drive is lacking one phase - what is quite odd for me as, like I said before no change was made, and the machine was not working in the meanwhile, can I get directions on what to check?
    I also ordered manuals for this machine (LB15II M). They are printed manuals, so if anyone is interested I can help in the future.
    Thank you.

I was wondering if someone can inform what is the voltage supply that enters the VAC's / machine? 200VAC or 220VAC?
    In my case we have around 198VAC between all three phases.
    Machine is a LB15II with live tooling.

The machine like I said before was connected only once and it was ok. Also the machine was received from another country, and voltage supply mains (before the main transformer) could be slightly different resulting in troubles.

Thank you

200VAC. that means, 198 is right

Thank you.
    I have now a double post - the other one is more related with the voltage issue and this one started with the manuals. So better to stop this one. But now I am totally confused as there are users that use the machine under 220VAC and others 200VAC...

there are many users, who drink hare piss instead of coffee, so what?
    Look the markings of the main control cabinet. 200 is for Your machine. 198 is fine, the same as 205 is fine.
    Maybe there are machines with 220, why not. It could be designed for European market for instance.

I am still trying to dig this issue a bit more and I would like to know what is powered up when the main switch is turned on of the Okuma LB15.
    I am asking this because of the mains in this time of the year (cold, Christmas lights) take more of the electrical power mains than normal and the tension drops when high power demand is needed (I can see a bit of the lights go down when some machines spindles accelerate). My hope is that when the main switch is turned on, a lot of things are powered on at the same time and the voltage drops in such way that the VACIII complains.
    As this is fast I would not be able to measure with the voltmeter.
    I must say that this machine have power cables ticker than my supply from the electrical company...

This morning I came quite earlier, when all was disconnected and all neighborhood company's were also closed, but no luck.

this machine have power cables ticker than my supply from the electrical company
    and that's very good. Is it copper? The building installation could be replaced, You don't need to touch Okuma's power supply if no problem with it.
    Your machine is quite old. Maybe power capacitors lost their parameters (capacity, speed) already and this could be the problem, causing the overreaction to little voltage drop.