584,849 active members*
4,227 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > WoodWorking Machines > Commercial CNC Wood Routers > Chinese Machines > New owner of YOOCNC 6040Z+S80 from Carving-CNC with a few questions please

New owner of YOOCNC 6040Z+S80 from Carving-CNC with a few questions please

Hello everyone,

First, I'd like, if I may, to introduce myself: My name is Kevin and I'm a complete newb to the world of CNC. After a lucky tax break and lots of reading, I took a plunge and bought a 6040Z+S80 ( CNC 6040Z-S80(New Version) ROUTER ENGRAVER DRILLING AND MILLING MACHINE - carving-cnc.com ) and the Mach3 software.

I've been doing quite a bit of reading on here so far, but am feeling a bit overwhelmed with being such a newbie. I was wondering if any of you with (far) more experience then I would confirm a few things for me?

First, from what I can tell, the machine is running great. I was ready to upgrade to new cables ( which I have ordered already ), limit switches ( ordered ) and the Gecko S540 plus a new 48V power supply ( not ordered yet ) but so far, the base cables, power and control box seem to be operating quite well - though I have no comparison to make :>

My questions for you involves Mach3. I recieved an email from the seller of my machine which included a copy of Mach3 that had been 'modified' for their machine. I installed this, and through the emailed manual entered the settings for ports/pins and axis as included in the Jpeg's below.

What I would like to know is, if the settings that are pictued below are 'good' to get started with, plus I noticed that the settings changed in the image where they add the A axis - so do I change the XYZ to those, or leave them as in the original setting up? Also, since I have purchased Mach3 and it's a much higher version (the newest vs. 2.4 or something ) do you suggest that I use my purchased copy instead of their included one, or will their 'custom' copy be something special that I require?

Thank you all for reading this and putting up with a newb who is a bit overwhelmed by Mach3 to start :>
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails XYZ settings.jpg   A axis.jpg   PortsPins2.jpg   PortsPins.jpg