584,833 active members*
5,702 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Comparison of Chinese CNC routers

I am looking at purchasing a CNC router, i have absolutly zero experience with CNC machines so i was hoping there would be someone out there on the WWW to give me some advice. I am going to post the specs on 2 machines i have been looking at both are the about the same price but on has a larger working are than the other. Any advice/ suggestions would be greatly appreciated. We would be working mainly with thin (1-3mm) aluminium sheet, but we would also like to be able to work wity polycarbonate sheet, and carbon fibe sheet.

Aluminum Sheet CNC Router (ZK-9015)

Items Description
    Effective working area 900(X)mm*1500(Y)mm*150(Z)mm
    Max. thickness of the materials ≤150mm(the distance between Z-axis and the bottom of the working station)
    Materials Cast iron machine bed, cast aluminium gantry
    Water cooling system Stainless steel water slot
    Working table Aircraft aluminum T slot
    Guide rail Linear round guide rail
    Transmission Ball screw for X Y Z-axis
    Driving mode Stepper motor
    Spindle motor 1.5kw water cooling
    Spindle speed 0-24000rpm/min
    Empty traveling speed 0-8000mm/min
    Engraving speed 0-6000mm/min
    Resetting accuracy 0.05mm
    Control system PCI NcStudio
    Carving Instructions G code *Uoo *mmg *plt HPGL
    Packing size 2160*1600*1650mm
    Gross weight 450kg

SS CNC ROUTER WK6090
    2.CE approved
    3. aluminium, iron, wood, MDF
    4. rotary or 4 axis workable

SS copper AL metal CNC ROUTER WK6090

Supply with CE certificate,

1) X,Y axis working area: 600 x 900mm

2) Z axis working area: <100mm

3) Table size: 940 x 1,120mm

4) Max. speed: 0 - 4,000mm/min

5) Max. Working speed: 0 - 3,000mm/min

6) Working delicacy: 0.02mm

7) Reposition accuracy: 0.05mm

8) Max. Feeding height: 110mm

9) Command: G code, u00, mmg, plt

10) Software: type3 software, Artcam software

11) Max. power consumption: 2.2KW

12) Spindle: 1.5kW variable speed, water cooled motor

13) Spindle speed: 24,000rpm

14) Work type: stepper

15) Weight: 200kg

16) Working voltage: AC 220V, 50/60Hz

17) Memory: 32M

18) Manner of receiving data: USB

19) Running circumstance temperature: 0 - 45°C

20) Relative humidity: 30% - 75%

Whichever one you get, buy the vacuum table option along with it, since that's the best way to hold sheets down.

It's hard to compare Chinese routers with one another, since while they all seem to come from the same place (Jinan) and bear more than a passing similarity to one another, there's a big range in the quality of their component parts, and one never sees an array of them side by side (unless one goes to Jinan, I suppose). One thing you can count on is that the software they come with (eg Type 3 and Artcam) is pirated, and it's often riddled with viruses, so be careful.

If you plan to use the machine to cut composites like carbon fiber sheet, make sure all the sliding parts have bellows containment, or the abrasive swarf will kill them. A good dust control system will help too.

Andrew Werby
    www.computersculpture.com

Quote Originally Posted by awerby View Post
    Whichever one you get, buy the vacuum table option along with it, since that's the best way to hold sheets down.

It's hard to compare Chinese routers with one another, since while they all seem to come from the same place (Jinan) and bear more than a passing similarity to one another, there's a big range in the quality of their component parts, and one never sees an array of them side by side (unless one goes to Jinan, I suppose). One thing you can count on is that the software they come with (eg Type 3 and Artcam) is pirated, and it's often riddled with viruses, so be careful.

If you plan to use the machine to cut composites like carbon fiber sheet, make sure all the sliding parts have bellows containment, or the abrasive swarf will kill them. A good dust control system will help too.

Andrew Werby

ComputerSculpture.com &mdash; Home Page for Discount Hardware & Software
    Thanks for that info Andrew, do you know what to look for imparticular in regards to the quality? as it might be an idea to request some more detailed photos of the machines. Also from the look of the photos at least one of the machines (9015) has bellows, and yes we are considering the vaccum table.

Unfortunately. it's pretty difficult to tell much about the quality of a machine from looking at pictures. Things like bad castings, improper hole placement, cheap fasteners, out-of-squareness etc. don't show up - you only find them once you've torn the thing apart trying to figure out why it's not working right. See if you can find a vendor who other people here have had good luck with as far as after-sale support is concerned - often these companies suddenly stop being able to understand English once they've got your money...

Andrew Werby
    www.computersculpture.com