585,660 active members*
3,144 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Events, Product Announcements Etc > Want To Buy...Need help! > Need some parts made in aluminum, have made wooden prototype.

Need some parts made in aluminum, have made wooden prototype.

Hey guys I'm new here and don't really know much or anything about CNC machining. I mostly became a member to find someone that can copy a piece I designed and have made the prototype in wood but would like to make it in aluminum. I'm not sure this can be done meaning copy a wooden part and make into aluminum.
    My intentions are to mass produce to sell to the public but I would initially need a very small quantity to see how well it goes and sell. Price is also a concern to see if its worth while. If anyone can help me understand better what's involved and is will to take the job with possibility of producing more please pm me or let me know.
    Thanks

I can 3D scan your part and create a solid model. That model can be used to get quotes for machining the part in aluminum. If it is a full 3D part, it will likely require a 4th axis mill. If it is a surface that can all be reached "from the top", then a 3 axis mill should be fine.

If you can e-mail me some pictures of your part with something in it to get a sense of scale, I can respond with some proposals for you to consider. I can also machine the parts or have them machined, again, depending on what the actual part is.
    CAD, CAM, Scanning, Modelling, Machining and more. http://www.mcpii.com/3dservices.html

What's the size of it? Will 3 axis be able to make it?