584,829 active members*
5,330 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

RFQ-Small Aluminum Box-14"x10"x7.75"

I am looking for someone to work on a few prototypes for a project which requires a machined box from multiple plates. Please reply with contact information and I will send a DWG and summary.

-V/R

Jonathan Ard

Ardiemus at AOL or on this forum.

Email sent, thanks, Ron

I think I have responded to everyone who inquired, thank you so much. I have called more than 5 shops who "specialize" in prototyping (or so they say) only to be told..."uh..this really isn't a project we're interested in doing at this time" so much for not enough work in this economy huh? I am looking forward to this project. Thanks again.

-Jonathan

I wouldn't be too harsh on the shops, as quite likely most have inordinate amounts of investment in machines, that to charge enough to just recoup time and operating costs, and then make actual profit on a small job, they know would render it far too expensive to even consider.

Obviously there are some shops that are too precious to take on piddly jobs for no other reason they can't be bothered, but for a lot of others, saying they aren't taking on work like that is usually a polite way of saying "we would need to spend a large amount of time to ensure we are all on the same design and manufacture page, that we would need to charge so much more than you would ever consider paying for the finished article"!

Sometimes the little jobs can be the most expensive time wasters. And of course profit is inversely proportional to time and effort.

cheers,
    Ian
    It's rumoured that everytime someone buys a TB6560 based board, an engineer cries!