585,670 active members*
4,677 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Exclamation Opto 22 / ICM outputs not working

Does anybody know why I can't force any of my outputs on with the diagnostic window? The output number turns green, but the opto 22 relays do not turn on ( No red LED ). The same goes for the ICM2900 - I tried to force the output for the green and yellow lamps and nothing happens.

All of the inputs work fine. Opto 22 inputs are working and all of the push buttons are working on the Camsoft flat panel also. (All inputs turn green in the diagnostic pane when a switch or push button is actuated-opto input LED is on,etc ). I also tried a simple logic command with no results.

What gives?

Note:

Push a button:Opto 22 LED on: Input number green - Good

Turn on output in diagnostic windowutput number green:Opto 22 LED off

Turn on output in diagnostic windowutput number green: ICM no yellow or green lamp.

I'm missing something here.

Camsoft CNC Pro/Galil1842/Comtec PCI/O16/G4Opto22/ICM2900/WINXP

I'd first double check with a logic probe that the software is not sending out a signal. This divides the problem in two: Is it in the computer or in the control? Note: You need to check that its not sending to a different spot than you think, also. I'd first try turning on four or eight or all at a time

For software, in Camsoft CNCSetup, what all do you have under I/O Settings on the right side of the screen? Every line has to be filled in correctly for the software to know where to send the I/O signal. You need to check the Contec card info (device manager) against what you enter for addresses.

I've "been there done that" on this exact problem several times. Its allways been something really stupid that I overlooked.

Let us know what you find.

Karl

Have you connected the OPTO board power terminals?
    Al.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

Hey Karl and Al!

You're both right! I found that the negative side of the 5vdc power supply for the Opto 22 was not grounded. Simple!

Also in looking at the ICM-2900 it looks like the outputs are isolated. There is no supply voltage there. (I have a Galil DMC-1842; should be able to supply +12vdc to the output blocks.)

Thanks!