584,340 active members*
7,226 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Mastercam > mastercam startup problems

Angry mastercam startup problems

Hi all
    I am fairly new to this so please be gentle with me!
    I have just moved my copy of mastercam v9 to a new computer, hasp works fine but on program startup I recieve the message "error allocating string table" when I click ok on the message it just shuts mastercam down, Any ideas would be greatly appreciated

Steve

Did you just copy the files over or did you re-install it from the CD?
    Matt
    San Diego, Ca

___ o o o_
    [l_,[_____],
    l---L - □lllllll□-
    ( )_) ( )_)--)_)

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

I re installed from cd which went fine and all components installed as they should, or at least I didnt get eny errors as you would expect, I am lost to be honest, never seen it before

Perhaps MC is trying to use unexisting directory for temporary files?
    Check out your mill9.cfg file for directory locations

Is this a new seat of Windows XP with SP2 and what version of MC9 did you install? (Example V9.1 sp2,v9.1 mr304 or V9.1 mr105)

I would Try doing a repair and if you are running a brand new computer with XP with SP2 go to the mastercam web site to Support then Downloads then to Misc and get the zipped file call Drivers.zip at the bottom of the list and extract them to there own folder the run the .bat file.
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)
    Cadcam
    Software and hardware sales, contract Programming and Consultant , Cad-Cam Instructor .

Tried the above with no joy, looks like I am going to have to get the local dealer out, Thanks for your help

Steve