585,717 active members*
4,051 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 20 of 20 10181920

Re: BTC clubhouse!#*$!

All I can say is Wow I manage to do small parts with profiles and bolt patterns with the original control using bob-cad to do drawings and some code with much editing . Keep up the good work and keep this thread alive

Hello all,
    I just brought home BTC-1 serial number 175. I’m not new to Bridgeports, but I am new to this head. Can anyone explain how spindle speeds are obtained? I realize there is a VFD, but are there three ratios? The motor nameplate lists three RPMs. What happens in the shoebox? And like everyone else, I would love to get my hands on a set of manuals, or at least the service manual. All of the previous links pointing to manuals result in dead ends now. I have access to an industrial grade scanner, so I would gladly scan in and make available to everyone.
    Thanks,
    Mike

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by sprintcar72 View Post
    Hello all,
    I just brought home BTC-1 serial number 175. I’m not new to Bridgeports, but I am new to this head. Can anyone explain how spindle speeds are obtained? I realize there is a VFD, but are there three ratios? The motor nameplate lists three RPMs. What happens in the shoebox? And like everyone else, I would love to get my hands on a set of manuals, or at least the service manual. All of the previous links pointing to manuals result in dead ends now. I have access to an industrial grade scanner, so I would gladly scan in and make available to everyone.
    Thanks,
    Mike

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I just bought oldcarguy85's linuxcnc retrofitted btc1. I would also love a manual for it. I am trying my best to reverse engineer it at the moment. I think that box just indicated if the spindle is in low, neutral, or high speed. The three rpms on thee motor are the speeds at 3 different operating frequencies. The last one 5000rpm is at like 172hz, not 60 hz.

Here are some pictures of the machine I purchased a few months ago. Continuing to work on it, just figured out a problem with the lock bar. If anyone has any documentation please let me know! https://photos.app.goo.gl/gXBEVYJNcvcbrvvM7

Quote Originally Posted by HunterBTC1 View Post
    Here are some pictures of the machine I purchased a few months ago. Continuing to work on it, just figured out a problem with the lock bar. If anyone has any documentation please let me know! https://photos.app.goo.gl/gXBEVYJNcvcbrvvM7
    Full of admiration you have a running machine. Decades old tech ????

I found a little bit of documentation on the BTC-1! Someone with two of them was nice enough to send me some photos of the manuals.

I have a copy of all the pages on my website, and I'll keep adding to it if I find more.

https://hunterwlong.com/documentatio...hining-center/

Usually all gear change problem's are in the shoe box or the ground plane Do You have a maintenance manual ? Mostly problem's with the switches moved by the cam on the back gear shaft

Hey Kevin, great to connect! Custom embroidery digitizing is quite the adventure, isn't it? Hunting for those TG100 holders feels like a quest for hidden gems. Keep refining your search, and you'll uncover exactly what you need. As for eBay, decoding those descriptions is like solving a puzzle.

Page 20 of 20 10181920