585,759 active members*
4,293 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

CNC Training Videos

It occurred to me that I have never posted our CNC training videos here, so I figured I should get off my butt and do that..

A basic primer: I work with The Geek Group, which is a non-profit organisation dedicated to helping people learn, explore and build. We run a pretty awesome machine shop (I like to think so- I run it!) which is available to people to tinker on.. as we all know here, CNC can be pretty intimidating. It's nice to have a place to learn that is less formal and intense than taking a class (and much more flexible). I also get a lot of people who want to try CNC out before committing to buying one, or maybe just want to make one or two things.

As part of our partnership with Haas and Iscar Tooling, we are making series of videos that teach people - anybody, everybody! - different aspects of machining.

CNC Training #14: Thread Milling - YouTube

Here's the first one! I'm not sure how to get embedding to work here? Tried a few different ways. Anyway, this video is the basics of thread milling, which is a really handy and versatile way to thread.

I will come back and let you know when I have new ones, and maybe post the older ones. (Some of them have me in it, most of them have me right behind the camera offering suggestions)

Is that you Chris?

I love the videos you guys put up, the CNC ones are great, Rick is amazingly knowledgable. Project Stomper was also brilliant, as are all your vids, but shrinking a coin is pretty damn cool!

cheers,
    Ian
    It's rumoured that everytime someone buys a TB6560 based board, an engineer cries!

Nope, this is Lis (Moose).

Thanks!