585,883 active members*
5,827 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

False E-stop triggered when cold?

I have a strange problem with my router. When it tends to be I'd say 50*f or lower when I first start up my machine my G540 errors out and I see an E-stop triggered warning. I have to activate and reset my e-stop button several times before it will finally stop triggering itself. Once I get it going I have never had a false trigger until I shut everything down and try and restart again.

This first happened last winter when I first built my machine, then during the summer the problem went away and now that its cold out again Its coming back.

Anyone seen this problem? Any ideas on things to check?

Check the connections of the estop and the power at the g540.
    Paul Rowntree
    Vectric Gadgets, WarpDriver, StandingWave and Topo available at PaulRowntree.weebly.com

did you solve this issue?
    Joes cnc 4x4 sold
    new build in progress cncrp 2448

Not yet I've been too busy to mess with it much. I did reconnect my estop wires to the terminal block but I'm not sure that solved it yet. Gecko also offered to look at the controller but I'd like to rule out other things first.

Before you start the next time of running the machine here is something to try. Take a blow dryer and have it to warm the switch before you start anything. If it works like it should then you found your problem. Replace the switch. If not then you can try heating up the other components that could be related in the system.

I reckon the signal level threshold is a bit dodgy.
    Needs a 10K pullup or pulldown resistor on the port/bit
    Super X3. 3600rpm. Sheridan 6"x24" Lathe + more. Three ways to fix things: The right way, the other way, and maybe your way, which is possibly a faster wrong way.