585,660 active members*
3,073 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

In the market for a laser

Hi All,

I'm in the market for a laser cutter/engraver. I've been researching online and the epilog, full spectrum, and hurricane lasers have caught my attention. I was about to purchase the full spectrum till I saw a few bad reviews, and now am hesitant to order.

Can I get some feedback from experienced users as to what they would recommend. I have a budget of about $5,000.

My primary uses would be engraving, marking and arcrylic cutting. More of a hobbyist. I'm working with wounded warriors in having them learn new skills and hobbys. I own a business and have a spare suite that I'm going to set this up in for them. So space is not a problem.

Software would be adobe illustrator or photoshop. We already have both. we also have autocad already. And are both a window and a mac shop.

Thanks
    James

Hi James,

Ray Scott @ Rabbit Laser or John @ Hurricane are both real nice guys. John also posts here quite a lot and sells G Weike based machines that have a good reputation for reliability and service backup from the factory.

FSE? well.....I wouldn't.

best wishes

Dave

I'm working with wounded warriors in having them learn new skills and hobbys.
    You work with Veterans?

Drop me a line direct and I'll send you some designs free for use from my commercial items.

best wishes

Dave

[email protected]

Thanks Dave,

I had not heard of Rabbit. I'll google them now.

James

Quote Originally Posted by Exsecratio View Post
    Hi James,

Ray Scott @ Rabbit Laser or John @ Hurricane are both real nice guys. John also posts here quite a lot and sells G Weike based machines that have a good reputation for reliability and service backup from the factory.

FSE? well.....I wouldn't.

best wishes

Dave

Hi Dave,

Yes, I do, and have for many years. I'll send you an email now.

James

Quote Originally Posted by Exsecratio View Post
    You work with Veterans?

Drop me a line direct and I'll send you some designs free for use from my commercial items.

best wishes

Dave

[email protected]

Smile G.Weike Laser Factory-Abby!

Hi James,

Good day!

Gad to see your enquiry here.

Would you like to buy the lase rmachine from China directly? We are one of leading manufacturers for Laser Machine. You could search our from net. and our web:Laser engraving machine|Laser cutting machine|CNC router-G.Weike Laser.

And later i will emil you about the machine.

Any questions,pls fell free to contact with me.

abby
    G.Weike Laser Factory
    mns: [email protected]
    Email: [email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by james3760 View Post
    Hi All,

I'm in the market for a laser cutter/engraver. I've been researching online and the epilog, full spectrum, and hurricane lasers have caught my attention. I was about to purchase the full spectrum till I saw a few bad reviews, and now am hesitant to order.

Can I get some feedback from experienced users as to what they would recommend. I have a budget of about $5,000.

My primary uses would be engraving, marking and arcrylic cutting. More of a hobbyist. I'm working with wounded warriors in having them learn new skills and hobbys. I own a business and have a spare suite that I'm going to set this up in for them. So space is not a problem.

Software would be adobe illustrator or photoshop. We already have both. we also have autocad already. And are both a window and a mac shop.

Thanks
    James

Hi Abby,
    I think it would be wiser for me to purchase from a US distributor. I received your email, but I don't see that model you referenced on your website. If you could send me a link I would appreciate it.

Thanks
    James
    Quote Originally Posted by G.Weike-Abby View Post
    Hi James,

Good day!

Gad to see your enquiry here.

Would you like to buy the lase rmachine from China directly? We are one of leading manufacturers for Laser Machine. You could search our from net. and our web:Laser engraving machine|Laser cutting machine|CNC router-G.Weike Laser.

And later i will emil you about the machine.

Any questions,pls fell free to contact with me.

abby
    G.Weike Laser Factory
    mns: [email protected]
    Email: [email protected]

Re: laser marking machine

Really a great laser machine site...

I just inquiry for the laser machine.

At another at the needham-laser machine at UK is also the best for the laser machine...
    needham-laser.com

Hurricane21 Guest
    James,

Let us know if we can help you in any way.

Dave, Thank you for the kind words. We do try very hard to provide outstanding support.

While Gweike does manufacture our machines we also have many improvements over their base models. Our category 2 and above machines also have 2" pass through area from front to back, fold down doors on the sides to handle large items. All machines include the cw5000 chiller in our price. And finally we provide a 2 YEAR WARRANTY ON EVERYTHING including the tubes for defects. Sorry if you start a fire that is not covered even though as one customer stated. We have a design flaw if our machines allow fires to start and melt things. Sorry but if you are cutting plywood and other woods with glues this can happen, especially when left unattended.

Thank you and have a great day!

Team Hurricane Lasers

I thought the gweike machines came with air assist? That should handle most of the fire issues.
    Build logs and other projects of mine: http://nqlasers.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Things View Post
    I thought the gweike machines came with air assist? That should handle most of the fire issues.
    yes,gweike laser machine came with air assist,like exhaust fan,air pump
    for fire issues,why not considering about the fire alarm,like attachment,although looks not so nice,but practical

feel free to contact me

tina from gweike laser
    email: [email protected]

sorry,forgot the attachment

tina from gweike laser
    email: [email protected]
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 照片 004.jpg  

Geeeezzz....

What is wrong with supervision of the laser and a good CO2 fire extinguisher?

Hi James, were you able to purchase a machine from one of the
    mentioned distributors? If not, I have machines starting at $4995
    with accessories included if you were still interested.

Thanks and good luck with your venture.
    Frontline Lasers LLC
    www.frontlinelasers.com

Yes, I purchased the LC1512 from G Weike. It arrived only a couple of days ago. So far very happy with it. Thanks to everyone for their assistance, especially Dave who took the conversation offline and has provided a great amount of support and guidance to this newby.

In order to meet your requirement, have a look to this. I am sure it will be helpful for you.