585,997 active members*
5,068 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

fanuc 31i stored stroke limits

I'm new here so please bear with me. I need help setting the safety area on a doosan mill with a fanuc 31i control. I'm thinking it's paramter 1321 but not sure on how to get it right. I need to move the spindle closer to the table in y axis when the z (column is closer to the table) thanx in advance, mike

I believe M110 will turn the interference check off until M111, Reset or End of Program. Put it in a block by itself when you get ready to move YZ into the interference zone.

What model machine is it?
    What values do you have in parameters 1320-1323?

1320 & 1321 are the standard overtravel parameters.

I think the values in 1322 are the ones you need to adjust. 1323 should be ok the way they are.

I checked parameter #1322 for an HP4000. Y was 100.0 and Z was 165.0. These values coincide with the values on the interference zone diagram attached (with 50mm extra in Z).

So if you need to be able to bring the Y down 0.25 (6.35mm) for example, change 1322 Y from 100. to 93.65.

But in any case BE CAREFUL. Crashes in this area can be REAL expensive.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails HP4000 Interference Zone.jpg  

After editing these parameters, do verify the expected result by manually moving the slides. There are always chances of confusion as to which parameter is for which purpose.

it's a DBC 130 horizontal mill. I make changes to the parameters and nothing seems to change like they should. I shut the power down and restart, and the numbers I put in are still there but nothing changes as far as the limits, I'll try again on tuesday, I was told to change the keep relay to turn the zone off but that will be my last resort, thanks

well , I tried changing the values in 1322, and absolutely no change in the safety zone, I even tried turning them off on each axis with another parameter and still no response, so I turned off keep relay parameter 8 bit 4 and adjusted the standard over travels to keep it from crashing with the spindle out over the table, not what I want but seems right now the only way I can get this thing to do what I want, to get the thing to machine out over the table down closer to the table. Thanx for the help, hope someone out there has the answer, it seems to be locked out from the factory some how, Mike

You will find it is nothing to do with soft limit parameters. The M110 is probably not in the software. The interference zone us in data parameters. If you have a 30 series control press the vertical soft key and press data then zoom. Just scroll through the different pages and the values will be there if you decide to change them. Use owe in MDI mode and alter them but beware OK nice altered then the machine can collide with the bed.