585,715 active members*
3,649 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 1 of 2 12

Buying Laser, Morntech?Camfive?Other?

Hello - haven't found US made lasers I can afford, used or new. Looking at these two US sold, Chinese made companies out of southern CA. Wanting 100-150W. Mostly repetitive cutting of .25" to .5" cork. Occasional custom engraving maybe.

Any thoughts or experiences on these two companies, going with glass tubes rather than metal? I think both use a RECI tube (one of them said RC, assume its the same). Both have 1 year warranty on mechanical, California based sales, training and support. Have spoken with both on phone and they are willing to send referrals. Nonetheless, I have minimal experience with lasers (mostly through outsourcing my products to this point) and no experience buying one. links to two machines on ebay below. open to other machines though, just need guidance.

Cutting Engraving Laser Machine USA 100WRC 47"x24" Work Table Camfive FDA | eBay

New 48"x36"x12" 4 ft by 3 ft 100W Reci CO2 Laser Cutting and Engraving Machine | eBay

Would love to buy/support USA but would also like to grow business so I can hire/employ USA someday. So, if you have some really good tip on a US machine great but I simply do not have a way to spend more than 10 or 12K on a 100 W machine.

Smile G.Weike Laser Factory-Abby!

Hi Danielcoyle,

Why dont you consider to buy the machine from China directly?

We could supply you the machine with 100W RECI Tube and other parts about 5K Dollors. You will save your money and we could serve you perfect.

Our Web:www.wklaser.com . Any questions,pls tell me. I wish i could help you.

Abby
    G.Weike Laser Factory
    MSN:[email protected]
    Web:www.wklaser.com

:wave:
    Quote Originally Posted by danielcoyle View Post
    Hello - haven't found US made lasers I can afford, used or new. Looking at these two US sold, Chinese made companies out of southern CA. Wanting 100-150W. Mostly repetitive cutting of .25" to .5" cork. Occasional custom engraving maybe.

Any thoughts or experiences on these two companies, going with glass tubes rather than metal? I think both use a RECI tube (one of them said RC, assume its the same). Both have 1 year warranty on mechanical, California based sales, training and support. Have spoken with both on phone and they are willing to send referrals. Nonetheless, I have minimal experience with lasers (mostly through outsourcing my products to this point) and no experience buying one. links to two machines on ebay below. open to other machines though, just need guidance.

Cutting Engraving Laser Machine USA 100WRC 47"x24" Work Table Camfive FDA | eBay

New 48"x36"x12" 4 ft by 3 ft 100W Reci CO2 Laser Cutting and Engraving Machine | eBay

Would love to buy/support USA but would also like to grow business so I can hire/employ USA someday. So, if you have some really good tip on a US machine great but I simply do not have a way to spend more than 10 or 12K on a 100 W machine.

Laser response

Hi.. No experience with the ones you mentioned but I believe Morntech is a shenshui.

I imported a Gwieke myself... It arrived as advertised. Well built machine. Factory stands behind their product. Sales ladies are exceptionally good at answering questions. I am happy with mine.

In the US try contacting John ar Hurricane laser.. He posts on the board as well. They seem to offer good customer service as well with mostly Gwieke base lasers but with there own tweaks.

Definitely stay away from full spectrum engineering....

Thanks. Do you have any contact information for the person you worked with to get your machine? I am toying with US sold and supported and the 80% jump in price associated with that. How have you navigated getting support? Maybe you haven't needed any yet but do you feel like it is there or are you comfortable enough dealing with most things yourself?

G.Weike Laser Factory-Abby!

Hi

I am abby. from G.Weike Laser.

Any questions,you could contact with me!:cheers:
    abby

Mob:0086-15866677197
    Msn:[email protected]
    web:Laser engraving machine|Laser cutting machine|CNC router-G.Weike Laser

Thanks. Do you have any contact information for the person you worked with to get your machine? I am toying with US sold and supported and the 80% jump in price associated with that. How have you navigated getting support? Maybe you haven't needed any yet but do you feel like it is there or are you comfortable enough dealing with most things yourself?

Abby, I did. I sent you an email. Would like to know if there is anyone in the states. particularly Oregon, who has one of your machines and with whom I could speak.

G.Weike Laser Factory-Abby!

Dear Daniel,

Which email address you sent?
    There is no email from you till now. Could you send me again to:[email protected]/[email protected].

abby
    Abby, I did. I sent you an email. Would like to know if there is anyone in the states. particularly Oregon, who has one of your machines and with whom I could speak.

Hate pushing advertisement!

Abby,please dispear. You leave contacts everywhere! Really annoying! You only know money!

We want to discuss machines here, not to read meaningless advertisement time and time again!

Raffaello, are you the moderator of this forum? If not, then stop moaning and use the "Report Post" option if there are posts you think shouldn't be here. You are not adding to the laser discussion either by adding multiple posts like the one above.

Alright. An update and request for feedback. I basically would like to buy direct from china if i can figure out a way to be sure the machine is going to be good. simple enough concept. i have also seen used lasers locally that i imagine could be upgraded to 100 or 150 watts with a new power supply and tube (is it that simple?).

does anyone have a feeling for what are the most well regarded Chinese companies selling these? Advertising aside ( I appreciate the vigilance on both sides ) I would just love to know if there is a path that has been pioneered here that I should look into more.

Thanks

We have 2 machines now we bought from a US supplier. They have been around for years. here is a link to their webpage. We love the machines and support has always been very good.
    Legacy Laser’s - Laser Engraving, Laser Cutting machines
    TK McKnight
    800 Series 60W from www.legacylasers.com

TK

Those did look interesting. What was your cost above the pricetag (shipping, set up, etc?)

Shipping was $900 on the 1100 Series. I only live about a hour away, so he came out and did the setup free. Give him a call or email him for exact quote.
    his email is [email protected]
    TK McKnight
    800 Series 60W from www.legacylasers.com

Hi Daniel, are you still looking for a laser machine?

Hi Daniel, are you still looking for a laser machine? The CAMFive laser machines are very good, we now have 2 offices, one in Orlando, FL and another one in LA, let me know if you are still in the market for a laser machine and I can send you references, we have a lot of happy customers in Oregon and other parts of the country, you can email me to [email protected] or call me directly to 407-851-5525, my name is Milena Chauncey, I'm the sales manager in Orlando.
    The contact in California is Alberto Romero and his direct number is 626-926-3093, his email address is [email protected].
    Thank you

we are great year laser ,located in guangzhou..5 years global services experience..would like to share the latest info with you.
    [email protected]
    http://en.gdgylaser.com/

Daniel,
    Did you buy the Camfive laser machine? If you did what do you think? thanks,

I ended up buying a GWeike 1390 from China. 100 Watts with a spare tube. About $7500 after shipping to Portland, ORegon. Good service in the sense that they always respond and try hard to be helpful, not so good in that they are asleep when i am awake and the language barrier slows things down when i need things explained. i have never owned a laser before so it is hard to compare but i was happy with what it could do. software it comes with is VERY primitive. have to use corel draw to do the work and import. which works fine.

Good luck with the new machine. Did you check out Rabbit Lasers right here in Ohio?
    Dennis

I found out about Rabbit Lasers and Ray a little late in the game. When I did find out about them I was still feeling suspicious about the possibility that any US made or US fronted product could be affordable to me. Hindsight is 20/20. Ray actually visited with me on a trip to Oregon to help me set up my new/replacement machine. Didn't charge me and saved my hide from hours and hours of extra sleuthing work I would have had to do. Whatever I can buy from them in the future I will be.

Page 1 of 2 12