584,826 active members*
5,213 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Uncategorised CAM Discussion > Post Processor and General Help

Post Processor and General Help

Hello!

I recently purchased a new machine, and with it I got Partmaker.

I haven't had the machine for a long time and so I still have a lot to learn. I am having a lot of trouble with Partmaker, though. Where exactly do I find the post processor? Do I have to make it myself? If so, how? I've looked all through the install files but am unable to find anything.

Also, does anyone have any recommendations on how best to learn to use Partmaker well?

Thanks!

You have to get the post from Partmaker.

You need to contact your rep. 215-643-5077. He will help you with everything moving forward. Just tell whomever answers where your from and they will point you to the correct person.
    Bill Cain
    www.partmaker.com

You have to contact the Delcam people as well.
    www.WebMachinist.Net
    The Ultimate Online Source for Machinist Related Stuff!

What will happen after contacting partmaker

They will try to get you buying yearly maintenance cost from 2-3k and purchase a post for your machine cost 1-2k.
    Then they will send you a post that not useable but since you are already on maintenance they will work with you to tweak the post base on your feedback, remember this will not happen the next day or two, sometime it could take up to 2 weeks before hearing back from them.

I could never able to get the post 100% completed because I can't afford to let the machine sit and wait for their respond so I have to long hand edited the program to get the job running. By the time they get back with me i'm already on a different job.
    Remember they will not give you the right post because they know that you will not stay on main't if you got a good working post.
    It's sad but this is how the make more money from you.
    Be ready and expect what coming when you cut them the check.
    Bill Cain, Hanan, Glen stay away from this post.

Hello ilikefeet,

Are you on maintenance? If so you can call and get personal help with this. If not, I can answer questions on this forum.

You should alreay have your post files. We have files with .pst (Main Spindle) and .sub (Sub Spindle) extensions.

In partmaker you load these by going "Job Optimiser - Post Config file =" and then load the post from it's location.

The best way to learn anything is to be trained. You can contact your sales rep at 215-643-5077 this. We also have a learning zone off our web site if you want to try that first. PartMaker CAD/CAM Software - The CAM system that assures success - www.partmaker.com.
    Bill Cain
    www.partmaker.com

Paul, Obviously you had a bad experisance. I would like to offer you a chance to change that. you can contact me at [email protected] and I will be happy to look into the issues you have had and make them right.

Bill Cain

Quote Originally Posted by PaulEvans View Post
    They will try to get you buying yearly maintenance cost from 2-3k and purchase a post for your machine cost 1-2k.
    Then they will send you a post that not useable but since you are already on maintenance they will work with you to tweak the post base on your feedback, remember this will not happen the next day or two, sometime it could take up to 2 weeks before hearing back from them.

I could never able to get the post 100% completed because I can't afford to let the machine sit and wait for their respond so I have to long hand edited the program to get the job running. By the time they get back with me i'm already on a different job.
    Remember they will not give you the right post because they know that you will not stay on main't if you got a good working post.
    It's sad but this is how the make more money from you.
    Be ready and expect what coming when you cut them the check.
    Bill Cain, Hanan, Glen stay away from this post.
    Bill Cain
    www.partmaker.com

Ilikefeet

What machine offers Partmaker in a package deal?
    I can see how an offering like this could seal a deal.
    TIA