584,866 active members*
5,045 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Do like R/C planes???

Check my new planes coming your way- http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4100

oh yea ! i like RC for many yrs. and i started brc with ukies ! now e, al, gas, sm, md, lrg ! biggie on board is pitts 111 @35% hostetler plans, very near completion ! 100cc twin power
    Don
    IH v-3 early model owner

I been thinking about getting an electric rc plane.....I have a t-maxx truck and love messing with the RC stuff. Any advice you could offer??????

-Allen

Well....I especially love RC planes when they aren't my own and the wipe out.....videos of wipe-outs are hot....

Very cool too see more people who are also interested in RC. I'm a mod over at wattflyer (ex. RCGroups guy), CNC is the ultimate RC tool!

-Jim

I also like RC planes

Hi, nice to hear about that so many people likes rc planes too, i like them since i was born, thats why im building my CNC router to help me build them, as you know, they are fragile and they require time to build, so CNC router machine will improve speed and quality, and CNC has laso so many uses as build seals, decorative scheme, with a razor knife instead spindle, a lots of other uses, i want also build my mom kitchen cabinets, so may uses for CNC.

I like flying r/c planes. that is why I need to build cnc machines to help me build bigger planes with less hassle cutting parts that will be the same time after time.

do you make youre wings out of polystyrene with a cnc controlled hot wire cutter?

No, the wings are bent depron and are hollow.

Paul,
    Too bad you don't make a trainer. I caught the bug at work where I'm supposed to be putting together a UAV, but there always seems to be 15 things that are more important for me to do. But I'd like to get some flying experience before I fly the UAV while we are shaking down the computer. So I'm in the market for a plane. Looking at the magpie

We are working on a trainer.

the way I'm going, it will probably be ready before I buy a plane. Forgot to mention, I'm looking for ailerons.

Check grabben67's web: http://www.modellbyggeriet.se/sukhoi

Quote Originally Posted by svenakela
    that's really neat, but if you were suggesting it for me, it would be a pile of scrap within about 15 minutes

I'm really good with something like a Great Planes PT-40 on a simulator. I've been trying a sports model on the sim, but I'm still splattering the plane every few minutes.

RC's

:cheers: Here's to RC's....I built a full size baby great lakes when i was younger. sold it before it was completely finished...but, something safe to fly might rekindle my interests some.....now if i could get that router table finished or my mill up and running, i could really make some parts, wood, plastic, metal, or some of that others stuff they make them of which you cant see on radar....lol... :cheers: oh God, it hurts to remember.... I would really like to get my hands on some dxf's or other drawings that i could do .... hey where does all this stimulation go toooooo? :banana:

Talking

Here I am running the 4 axis foam cutter, cutting some wing panels. Homebuilt with HobbyCNC electronics and Giles Meuller software.

Here is a fuse mold I made. Yes, there is a vacuum former in the background too!

Here is my creation, the Manta, an abandoned WWII prototype fighter. Me on the left.

So, yeah, I like RC! Infact I just got a K2CNC 3925G 3D CNC router with Gecko drives and servo/encoders etc....

I am pretty good with Rhino, but now need to learn the CAM aspect followed by post processing and finally Mach 2 to run the rig.

What a hobby!

I used to like rc planes until I crashed mine and couldn't afford a new one. :violin:

Also there is so many laws ....insurance...tests....and if you do not own a nice big field, you cant fly it without an instructor if you haven't passed the test. Ssooo over regulated.... At least where I am.

Edit: One would swear that a propellor spinning at 15000rpm at 40mph was dangerous to bystanders!! (nuts)

I like your planes. I am looking at the Hobby CNC. Got the plans in frount of me. I hope with time I can get half as good as Dark Vader Any suggestions Please write Glenn