584,874 active members*
5,162 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

KFlop + KAnalog hardware details

I've looked everywhere but can not find documentation or information related a minor item.

The pictures on the Dynomotion site showing the KFlop and KAnalog together with standoffs and the two cables to connect them together.

The "don't want to be surprised when I open the box" question is "Does the hardware and cables come with the KAnalog or is that assumed to be provided by the consumer?"

Hi arvidj,

Kanalog comes with mounting standoffs and the two cables that connect to KFLOP.

Regards
    TK
    http://dynomotion.com

Quote Originally Posted by TomKerekes View Post
    Hi arvidj,

Kanalog comes with mounting standoffs and the two cables that connect to KFLOP.

Regards
    Tom,

Thanks for the clarification.

Arvid

Quote Originally Posted by arvidj View Post
    "don't want to be surprised when I open the box" "
    I can say I just had the happy experience of "opening the box." I wasn't sure if I'd see a USB cable in there. There 'was' a USB cable, along with the two cables that connect the kflop to the kanalog; it was all already connected. Nice ! There was also a little bag of standoffs and screws for fixing it all to the case. It also had the printed installation instructions. The whole thing was tucked into an anti-static bag and then bubble wrapped very nicely.

This got here fast. A few days ago I ordered power supplies, steppers, drivers, spindle, vfd etc. and this got here first. I hope I can connect it up to the laptop and get familiar with the software and settings while I'm waiting on the rest of the goodies. It's probably good I got this first. LOL

Here it is; right out of the box.

Quote Originally Posted by czralv View Post
    I can say I just had the happy experience of "opening the box." I wasn't sure if I'd see a USB cable in there. There 'was' a USB cable, along with the two cables that connect the kflop to the kanalog; it was all already connected. Nice ! There was also a little bag of standoffs and screws for fixing it all to the case. It also had the printed installation instructions. The whole thing was tucked into an anti-static bag and then bubble wrapped very nicely.

This got here fast. A few days ago I ordered power supplies, steppers, drivers, spindle, vfd etc. and this got here first. I hope I can connect it up to the laptop and get familiar with the software and settings while I'm waiting on the rest of the goodies. It's probably good I got this first. LOL

Here it is; right out of the box.

Thanks very much for the description and the picture. It helps a lot.

Soon I will get to see it for real. Submitted the order and 35 minutes later got a USPS tracking number.

Thanks to all that provided input on the hardware and the overall environment.

I'm sure you'll like it. It's so versatile and has so much IO that it's hard to decide what IO to use now that will allow for the easiest growth in the future as new gadgets get added.

Here's a little photo I took of mine. I wanted something I could doodle and sketch on to get it all sorted out in my head. I was going through a lot of green ink. LOL So I cut out the center green portion and added a few lables to help me until I get the jack numbers memorized.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails boardsTransRawBd1.jpg