585,741 active members*
5,134 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Unhappy Alarm Driving me nuts

Have a conquest 42 1990. THe 2016 low lube level keeps tripping.. can I bypass this? the tank is full.. been through the system and cleaned it etc.. has anyone experienced this thing.. lets me get 3/4 through program and then "sometimes" alarms out..
    Thanks for any help
    happy new year

Anyone? thank you

Does this system use a motor to lift an actual pump handle? Is it cycling the pump handle?

have to look in the tank again to see if there is a handle inside.. there is a motor on the top of the tank.. I believe it is pumping fine in that it "uses" lube in what seems like the proper amount.. I am not sure if there is a difference between pressure and level in this machine or it reads them together.. There is a plunger in the tank which reads level..

Is this lathe new to you? I have an old Hardinge CHNC 1 and it has a oiler in the air line too, for mist oiling of the air system. Same alarm, two different locations to add oil.

Mike
    Two Haas VF-2's, Haas HA5C, Haas HRT-9, Hardinge CHNC 1, Bother HS-300 Wire EDM, BobCAD V23, BobCAD V28

thought that might be it.. air oil is full too.. does not seem to be any wiring going to that for a alarm though.. there is one coming off for air pressure..
    not sure where to start.. If it goes into alarm during a cut is it possible to continue the cut without stopping? or bypass it?

For lube alarm, just keep pressing cycle start to continue.

great.. i will try that.. thanks

Your metering units are stuck open if it's a gear pump.

are they easy to repair replace? i think it might be a gear pump..

Some can be rebuilt, but it's time consuming. Was cheaper for my customers to just replace them. You need to do some troubleshooting first. Plug the pump with a pressure gauge and see what the pressure is. Typical pressure is 175 -200 psi.

This seems to be a "lube level" alarm not a pressure alarm.. does the machine combine those two things? could it be the plunger in the tank?

Has to be a float switch/level sensor then.

can you bypass that? the thing is full.. I will look for another sensor in the meantime..

Quote Originally Posted by zschary View Post
    This seems to be a "lube level" alarm not a pressure alarm.. does the machine combine those two things? could it be the plunger in the tank?
    My bad.

alarm

Been my experience that both lube and pressure switches in series. Also have seen Hardinges with oilers that have two switches in the oil tank. There is actually a timing sequence with these switches. One actually may be bad.

bypassed the level plunger in the tank, i think the only other thing there is the motor but i will look again.. Of course there is the pressure sensor, but it says low lube level.. will try anything now.. should i replace the pressure sensor, has anyone had experience with this machine on this? I have talked to some local techs but no one really knows this machine, I am hoping someone who knows it will chime in..

I have experiece with this issue, the older of the SG series T42 conquest lathes had the pressure switch wired in series with the float. The easy way to check yours is go to the PMC status page in diagnostics; to get there press the following, system-PMC-diagn-status. Then punch in X5.7 then the search soft key. If you see the symbol "LUBLEV" above bit X5.7, and "LUBEP" above bit X8.7, they are monitored separately, if only one of them is listed, they are wired in series, and you will only get the one fault.

Did you ever figure out your issue I am having the same problem. I sent you a PM. You can email me.