585,717 active members*
4,120 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

MTC Pronest and mach 3

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone has a post processor that works for mach, i found a few questions about it when i searched but no real concrete answers, i have trouble with the i and j with the burny pp and others contain unrecognised words and commands, none seem to give any z output either, presumabl this is because an industrial thc system controls the z axis?

Im looking to try the product and im encouraged by the things it can do that sheetcam wont, reducing feed on smaller circles, edge starts, back to back stuff etc etc but i need to be able to make it work for me.

thanks

matt

I am using We-cim for posting to mach3. It works great. It does have the small hole slowdown feature that is variable and thc freeze. It also does part inside of part nesting and remnant managing and...........It actually does way more than I will ever use.

Here is the support forum:

WE-CIM - CNCzone.com-The Largest Machinist Community on the net!

At some point I plan on doing the DCC update from CandCnc and the mach3 update. After that is done Gary at We-cim is going to write post processor to make use of those features too. We-Cim is a full featured nesting program, I imagine we use maybe 10% of what it is capable of.

WSS
    www.metaltechus.com

i have the post for this that I will sell you if you like. I also have macros for mach3 to turn thc on and off that is used with mtc pronest for circles to turn off thc for circles of a certain size you can define. Ill also sell you the material database with speeds/feeds setup for a hypertherm 85 or I can change the speeds for you or add more material types and show you how.