585,982 active members*
4,563 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Haas Machines > Haas Mills > all is good until the feedrate comes
Page 2 of 3 123
    Just my .02, but I always use a move of at least one diameter to turn cutter comp on/off. Noticed that your G41 move is only .250 and the diameter is 1.000. Wouldn't it have to move the the opposite direction?

Has nothing to do with comp.
    Will not do canned cycles, milling or anything that requires a feed other than rapid.
    Tried MDI abs. and inc. with and without decimal points.
    Runs thru the graphics fine.

Also, it effects all 3 major axis not just one of them.

s1950 will not drive the spindle needs a m03/m04 eddie

Quote Originally Posted by qualitytool View Post
    s1950 will not drive the spindle needs a m03/m04 eddie
    If you read what the OP said, he mentioned that this is the exact program off a different Haas that runs it just fine. Also, if you read the program he posted you will see the M3 on the G43 line.
    Tim

I don't have much lathe experience but isn't G17 not needed??? we use G18 on our cnc lathes...(doosan lynx 210)

%
    O0056
    (DATE 01 / 03 / 13 )
    (HAAS)
    ()
    G54
    G0 (G17) G40 G49 G80 G98 G90 G54
    T1 M6 ( 1 INCH INSERT MILL - APKT-1003-PDSR LT-1475 )
    ( RUFF O.D. )
    S1950
    G0 G90 G54 X1.8427 Y.76

Did somebody try to push the 100% feedrate button? Did someone override it down to zero?

Did you try to look at the parameters for each axis? Are all the values zero or look strange? Even if you don't have a parameter list, if everything was lost due to a dead battery and the values were reset, it would probably be obvious.
    Greg

Lightbulb

sorry i thought i read it was a lathe.... my bad...

For some reason my earlier post didn't go through...something about my computer thinking this is an attack site or something...

But...

I actually ran the program so lets just leave that out of the equation. The program ran fine (as mentioned in post one I believe). As Donkey is getting at, I am in agreement. There is some sort of parameter or setting that is wrong.

If it was me I'd go through every parameter page and setting page one at a time with your other machine and just verify that they are the same. If anything is different then ask the question if that could cause this problem.
    Tim

Does it possibly have a remote jog handle where the feed rate has been set to zero?
    Two Haas VF-2's, Haas HA5C, Haas HRT-9, Hardinge CHNC 1, Bother HS-300 Wire EDM, BobCAD V23, BobCAD V28

I wouldn't automatically assume the program runs the same between machines. Until this is solved, EVERYTHING is suspect. Older software might interpret the code differently, there might some extinct G-code in there, etc.

Oh yeah: what CNC language are you using--Haas, Fanuc, etc? I can't remember off the top of my head but, some of those codes are different, depending on which setting you're using.

I would start with a bare bones program: put the G54 origin in the center of the table, declare G54 and a few other standard codes and do a single G1 move in X and/or Y. No cutter comp, no tool lengths, etc. If the machine moves in rapid in all three axes, it's not an electronic problem or basic axis problem. Get it to do a simple move, then move up to more complex stuff.

Sorry...can't remember: does it hand jog normally?
    Greg

I think he tried to feed in MDI etc. and it didn't work...which is why he stated that everything runs until G1. Warm up in rapid is fine and this program runs until G1. He has already run a bare program with no luck.

The program is fine. I can't see any strange codes.

He doesn't need all the ones he put most likely, but they are harmless. I don't post G49 or G80 at the beginning of a program, but they don't matter there.

I'm curious as to why it did make it through the graphics...

I'm standing by my suggestion that he goes through the settings and parameters line by line and page by page comparing each one to his other machines...otherwise we seem to be just shooting in the dark here. He said even Haas didn't think they had real solutions (over the phone).

I'll bet he sees some differences between machines and if he posts those somebody will be able to help.
    Tim

I program using a Fanuc base because Haas and Yasnac are all based on Fanac but for a
    few extra codes they added. G12, G13 and so on but the Fanuc code is understood on all
    of them.

I dont use a G49 or G80. I use
    G0 Z1. (above highest point)
    G91 G28 Z0 M19

Does the same thing and uses less memory. (Old habit from back in the day)

The machine didnt come with a remote handle but thats not to say it didnt have it
    before I got it. That is a very good idea. I'll need to check that tomorrow.

I have Haas service dept going to come for a service call.

Hopefully the remote handle thing works out so I can cancel.

Quote Originally Posted by THREEPT82 View Post
    I program using a Fanuc base because Haas and Yasnac are all based on Fanac but for a
    few extra codes they added. G12, G13 and so on but the Fanuc code is understood on all
    of them.

I dont use a G49 or G80. I use
    G0 Z1. (above highest point)
    G91 G28 Z0 M19

Does the same thing and uses less memory. (Old habit from back in the day)

The machine didnt come with a remote handle but thats not to say it didnt have it
    before I got it. That is a very good idea. I'll need to check that tomorrow.

I have Haas service dept going to come for a service call.

Hopefully the remote handle thing works out so I can cancel.

No, the remote would have to be attached and the feed rate turned off for that to be the problem.

Very interesting!
    Two Haas VF-2's, Haas HA5C, Haas HRT-9, Hardinge CHNC 1, Bother HS-300 Wire EDM, BobCAD V23, BobCAD V28

" No, the remote would have to be attached and the feed rate turned off for that to be the problem. "

Burst my bubble with your own idea...

And the repair guy said?
    Greg

make sure you have a F10. and not F10

The repair guy will not be here until the 10th

Did you go through the settings and parameters pages line by line comparing them to your other machine?
    Tim

Yes, all that were there are the same.

Page 2 of 3 123