585,906 active members*
3,562 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: Fapt ladder?

Page 1 of 2 12

Fapt ladder?

has anyone got a copy of fapt ladder the first dos version? I want to read my ladder on an 0m-a system and fanuc reckons the technology doesn't exist.

I would love to do the same... Seems like Fanuc would do better to support these older machine tools at a profit. I've been unable to get any real technical information from them regarding my 11MA control.

'course it can be done with right equip.
    it a little old now.
    need the pg mate.

do you really need the fanuc equipment?

can't you use any suitable eprom reader/programmer to extract the binary and use fapt ladder to convert to readable ladder?

If your PMC is PMC-L and it uses 011 and 012 eeproms (27C65 or 27C128 (don't remember now), not 27C256), so you aren't able to read them by FAPT ladder
    in case of 27C256 (PMC-M) you can use J500 software

the chips on my board are PMC-L 012 (mbm2764-25 eprom)

PG Mate

Quote Originally Posted by jdeere4250 View Post
    'course it can be done with right equip.
    it a little old now.
    need the pg mate.
    Hi,
    I have a PG mate but don't have the FAPT disc so it can't operate .Does any one have the FAPT flopy disc helping me please
    Thanks
    David
    [email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by david_chen View Post
    Hi,
    I have a PG mate but don't have the FAPT disc so it can't operate .Does any one have the FAPT flopy disc helping me please
    Thanks
    David
    Hello,

Maybe you are looking for this, check website below.

Fapt-Ladder.Zip
    Denford Software & Machines ? View topic - Fanuc Fapt Ladder Editor (DOS)

or

FAPT_LADDER_V061.rar
    http://www.denfordata.com/bb/viewtopic.php?t=1792

Heavy_Metal
    The Netherlands.

thanks much appreciated!

you will need a fanuc 'pcwriter' eprom burner to read the chips...there was a guy from china in here that had a binary converter, but it disappeared, dunno if it really worked or not.

Ive got the fapt ladder for ibm version 1.0, we bought it when it first came out...it wont read 011/012 chips unfortunately, gotta lug out the portable 65 pound pg mkII...

if you have access to any prom burner, send me the binaries, I can run them thru one of our mkII P-Gs,(have a mate also, but wrong data disk for the A model...) and get it from there. Ive got a printer issue right now, printing/scanning might be a issue, but can send you the mnemonics- not that hard to read. also if you have fapt ladder you can import the mnemonic and decompile to view as graphical ladder on the laptop, you can print it out too, but printing is odd...

a old lpt printer that will run without drivers will work, but will print a page and a half long, and cut off the comments...I usually use a HP laserjet4p or 4 plus(its huge) setup via keypad for 88 lines per page and 15 pitch font, works great- problem with these antique laserjets is the photoswitches for paper jams and whatnot burn out... just ordered a bunch of the omron sensors today to fix 2 of the 4Ps...(1)ee-sx1041 and (4)ee-sx1042 per printer, only one goes bad at a time, but the IREDs are all the same age, time to replace... my 4plus needs feed rollers, it jams for real...this old stuff is really getting old.

thanks for the offer. if I can find a eprom reader to extract the binaries I'll take you up on your offer.

we have an old eprom writer at work but finding software for it may be the impossible task.

are there any modern eprom writers you know of that can extract the binaries?

edited- wrong thread/comments- forget all the 18 mentions in the old post...

Ive got a old 'needham electronics ieprom' burner, its old as heck, still does the job...they pop up on ebay often, should be able to get a better/newer one ebay for under 100 bucks...they normally list what chips are compatible in the listings...
    they are fine for copying ladder chips, but not for editing unless you can read machine language and convert to fanuc

I'll look into the Needham burners, thanks for the tip.

I haven't modified the ladder, I just want to read it and have a copy at this point. it would be nice to have a copy but I'm not going to pull the chips unless I'm 100% confident on the process while fanuc said they could get new eproms with the ladder I'm sure it would be very expensive.

I originally started looking at reading the ladder as my machine wasn't working and Fanuc were being hesitant about the chances of getting it running again. it ended up that they had suitable wiring diagrams and ladders with them and fixed it in 15min flat.

edit-
    deleted/wrong thread...

this is what comes up on the screen when it starts.

system 0451-04
    omm 0A0W-05
    PMC 4403-05

I have the om-a MAte with the cut down key pad and it doesn't have any PMC key.

sorry, I'm in the wrong thread... somehow I thought thi was a 18.

back to the zero a/b series... sorry Ive had a 18A to edit today, while talking thru 2 guys at the other plant on zero repairs, and editing a R-J TP program- along with the couple threads in here i was reading for fun at home ... which way is up?

if you can get a eprom burner(almost any burner- these are small chips, no big adapters needed) you can read the 2764 ~ 27256 eproms and save as binaries, send the files to anyone with the right (any) burner AND a fanuc burner/pg/software and have it read/converted to fladder (original fladder- NOT fladderII or fladderIII) readable/editable format...

the problem would be editing and making the new chips- you could make your edits (this is all assuming you have fladder software to work with) and print/save them, but fladder wont burn the 2764 eproms...you would have to mail your edited ladder files to someone to reconvert from fladder to p-g ladder, and burn them with the p-g/pcwriter hardware...

if the guy from asia a couple posts up has a binary to ladder converter that works (or maybe that was in the 18 thread?) you could do it from a generic burner, after converting the fanuc output. ive never tried his converter, or heard from anyone thats used it.

was the other thread-

if this guy in China-
    www.cnczone.com/forums/1229866-post3.html
    has a binary to ladder converter that works, you could do it in fladder and burn from a generic burner (after converting the fanuc output) ive never tried his converter, or heard from anyone thats used it.

Quote Originally Posted by guhl View Post
    If your PMC is PMC-L and it uses 011 and 012 eeproms (27C65 or 27C128 (don't remember now), not 27C256), so you aren't able to read them by FAPT ladder
    in case of 27C256 (PMC-M) you can use J500 software
    I have a Fanuc 6T-B control on my Tsugami. How do I now what PMC it have. Where do you get J500 software or info on it?
    Attached is a picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ROM2.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	250.6 KB 
ID:	195960of my ROM board

Quote Originally Posted by vanwyksc View Post
    I have a Fanuc 6T-B control on my Tsugami. How do I now what PMC it have. Where do you get J500 software or info on it?
    Attached is a picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ROM2.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	250.6 KB 
ID:	195960of my ROM board
    You have pc model A , only way to change that is the rare suitcase programmer... I have a basic program you can run the raw chip data thru to get a mnemonic printout, but you cannot change it without the old suitcase...and its a pain in the butt to use even if you can find one. I have one at work, only know of two others that still exist. If you can sort out the checksums, you could probably adapt my basic program to recompile- i tried my darndest for a few weeks of evenings and gave up on it, think its the tenth and last words are checksums of some sort, they are always inverse of each other, always add to 100 hex, but i could not figure out how they came up with the value, and if off it wont boot... I posted my basic source in here some where, search pmc model-a you should be able to find it...its messy, but works for the a. If you had pmc-b, there would be a separate card and the 241/242 chips would be absent on your ram card- those control pmc-a function, are all the same, the 4 chips next to them are your ladder.

Edit: heres a link to the basic source for the decompiler:
    http://www.cnczone.com/forums/fanuc/...tml#post932341 scroll down to post 27...

Hi TC429.
    I did get the program, but what basic is this. Does it still run in DOS. I have used Visual Basic 6 before. If you talking about the raw chip date is that the binary file that I got from reading the eprom's?

Page 1 of 2 12