585,712 active members*
4,255 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > WoodWorking Machines > CNC Machining Centers > G68 Coordinate system rotation.

Post G68 Coordinate system rotation.

Hello,

If we command G68, then it rotates the coordinate system & the Machine movement is done accordingly.

I wanted to ask that is there an option of changing the X & Y movement of the machine (while jogging the machine in X or Y axis ) ?

Thanks
    Ashish
    Get your CAM Programs rotated by CAS software to REDUCE SETUP TIME on your VMC & HMC. To download it, visit www.computeraidedsetup.com

It is probably possible to make some extra buttons with screen.exe and make some macros, with linked keys to do this.
    ANY EXPERTS out there?
    Super X3. 3600rpm. Sheridan 6"x24" Lathe + more. Three ways to fix things: The right way, the other way, and maybe your way, which is possibly a faster wrong way.

I think that there may be some parameter (which controls the machine axis) & when we say G68 X0.0 Y0.0 R35.0, the parameter is changed and hence the machine axis is rotated accordingly.

But the bigger question is that - WHICH IS THAT PARAMETER ?
    Get your CAM Programs rotated by CAS software to REDUCE SETUP TIME on your VMC & HMC. To download it, visit www.computeraidedsetup.com

Which parameter? Not found, and further searches reveal nothing useful
    1. Not documented in the comprehensive section 10.4.2 or table 10.1
    2. Rotation value not saved when Mach3 exits.
    3. X and Y jog keys still move their axis as per normal (g69 mode)
    4. You can move in rotated plane by using MDI.
    5. As I said, it is possible to macro write code to emit correct moves for diagonal jogging.

I could, but have no intention of doing it, as no error trapping is available in rotated mode, so there are possible surprises, which iI believe is why Art did not document this.

Asish_B Please make your signature work properly. Once you have done that, provide a solution, and that is quite possible.
    Super X3. 3600rpm. Sheridan 6"x24" Lathe + more. Three ways to fix things: The right way, the other way, and maybe your way, which is possibly a faster wrong way.

I was also thinking about writing a MACRO program for it. But then realized that the outcome of that macro will be similar. I mean even if we write a MACRO program, then too it will do machine movement in MDI or TAPE mode.

But we want to do diagonal machine movement by just pressing X+ in JOG Mode.

Thanks
    Ashish

Using Screen.exe you make some screen buttons that run the macros that does the calculations using the OEM code you can get from the rotation screen value.
    Now you allocate a key to run the macro using OEM codes for jogging.