585,758 active members*
4,216 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Fault code 0-11 PM85 mechanized.

I'm using this with a bladerunner system with the rs485 connect kit and the DCC on the bladerunner. I'm getting a fault code 0-11 on the pm85. That particular code is not listed in the hypertherm manual. The table is cutting the file ok with some dross but i'm attributing that to user error (file setup in sheetcam) at this point, unless the fault code might have something to do with it. I'm getting a fault code in mach, that says "HT fault 0-11-2 gas pressure setting value is out of range". I thought, when set to auto, that the pm85 automatically sets it. OR is the input pressure from the compressor not set correctly. It's currently set at 120psi at the compressor. There are no problems at the compressor maintaining pressure, it's a 2 stage, rated at 17cfm@90psi. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
    Marcel

Edit: I found out that this is a special code put out by CandCNC and the HyT connect DCC kit. I have contacted Tom on the CandCNC support site.

I found out that this is a special code put out by CandCNC and the HyT connect DCC kit. I have contacted Tom on the CandCNC support site.

Hello

I know this thread is a little old, but if possible, please tell me what the solution or fix was. I have had similiar characteristics point up on my setup.
    I have actually gotten alot of codes, 0-99, 0-11-2, 0-11, ...30 etc etc.

Did you find out anything else on this issue?

Thanks,
    Eric

Re: Fault code 0-11 PM85 mechanized.

I had to dismantle the machine to make room for some other machines. I just set it up again this week.
    I'm still getting the error code. It doesn't affect the operation of the machine though. Just a mild annoyance.

Because you are using the RS485 interface the auto air pressure is overidden....and the system is looking for a pressure setting through the RS485. The system has an available pressure range....and will not allow you to go above or below this range. If you exceed the max pressure (with your setting) it will go to the max allowable pressure and send you the error code. I suggest talking with CandCNC to get the chart of allowable pressure settings that work best through the RS485 serial link.

Jim Colt Hypertherm

Quote Originally Posted by xalky View Post
    I'm using this with a bladerunner system with the rs485 connect kit and the DCC on the bladerunner. I'm getting a fault code 0-11 on the pm85. That particular code is not listed in the hypertherm manual. The table is cutting the file ok with some dross but i'm attributing that to user error (file setup in sheetcam) at this point, unless the fault code might have something to do with it. I'm getting a fault code in mach, that says "HT fault 0-11-2 gas pressure setting value is out of range". I thought, when set to auto, that the pm85 automatically sets it. OR is the input pressure from the compressor not set correctly. It's currently set at 120psi at the compressor. There are no problems at the compressor maintaining pressure, it's a 2 stage, rated at 17cfm@90psi. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
    Marcel

Edit: I found out that this is a special code put out by CandCNC and the HyT connect DCC kit. I have contacted Tom on the CandCNC support site.

To set the air pressure via RS485 you have to have the "TAP" version of the screens and/or the SheetCAM POST. The DCC features work with all plasma cutters and allow setting all of the DTHC parameters automatically and the things like pierce height, cut height, DTHC Delay time, Preset volts, etc. The TAP feaures add the Cut Current (AMPS) and the Air Pressure and ONLY work with the Hypertherm 65 thru 125 that have the optional RS485 serial port and the CandCNC HyT-Connect RS485 SIM Kit. With the right screens the Current and air pressure can be set from the operator console. With the correct POST processor for SheetCAM (and a recent version of SheetCAM) you have access to those parameters in the Tool Table and they load automatically. nominal Air Pressure is 75PSI for most types of consumables.

To get the latest screens use the Master Installer at http://www.candcnc.com/manuals.htm. It is an auto installer that is menu driven . Backup your MACH3 folder before you do the install. Also there is a SheetCAM Support installer that has the latest POSTS (including the one for TAP) and the matching toolsets for the Hypertherms

TOMcaudle
    www.CandCNC.com

Quote Originally Posted by jimcolt View Post
    Because you are using the RS485 interface the auto air pressure is overidden....and the system is looking for a pressure setting through the RS485. The system has an available pressure range....and will not allow you to go above or below this range. If you exceed the max pressure (with your setting) it will go to the max allowable pressure and send you the error code. I suggest talking with CandCNC to get the chart of allowable pressure settings that work best through the RS485 serial link.

Jim Colt Hypertherm
    Thanks, Jim. I don't have the latest screen sets as indicated below.

Quote Originally Posted by Torchhead View Post
    To set the air pressure via RS485 you have to have the "TAP" version of the screens and/or the SheetCAM POST. The DCC features work with all plasma cutters and allow setting all of the DTHC parameters automatically and the things like pierce height, cut height, DTHC Delay time, Preset volts, etc. The TAP feaures add the Cut Current (AMPS) and the Air Pressure and ONLY work with the Hypertherm 65 thru 125 that have the optional RS485 serial port and the CandCNC HyT-Connect RS485 SIM Kit. With the right screens the Current and air pressure can be set from the operator console. With the correct POST processor for SheetCAM (and a recent version of SheetCAM) you have access to those parameters in the Tool Table and they load automatically. nominal Air Pressure is 75PSI for most types of consumables.

To get the latest screens use the Master Installer at http://www.candcnc.com/manuals.htm. It is an auto installer that is menu driven . Backup your MACH3 folder before you do the install. Also there is a SheetCAM Support installer that has the latest POSTS (including the one for TAP) and the matching toolsets for the Hypertherms

TOMcaudle
    www.CandCNC.com
    Thanks, Tom. I will download the new installer. I do have the all the required hardware for the TAP features (DCC, and the HyT connect rs485 kit and the current probe, and the PM85.

The table is running well now, I can't wait to get the rest of the features tuned in.

Is there a folder in Sheetcam that should be backed up Or will my table settings just transfer over?

Thanks again guys.

Marcel