584,837 active members*
5,391 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

TNC151 user parameters - can't access them?

Today, I went to switch my Heidenhain TNC151 from Conversational to ISO mode; which, according to the Bridgeport manual, means "press Mod, up arrow until you find user parameters, then ENT".

I can get to the User Parameters menu item, but pressing ENT does nothing. Up/down arrows continue to navigate through the MOD options.

The rest of the machine appears to be working normally.

Any ideas much appreciated.

Cheers,
    Ade.

IIRC go to code number then enter 123

OK, so I managed to force it into ISO mode using the machine parameters, which I can access; but the user parameters still refuse to divulge themselves.

Is there a secret code I have to type somewhere to free them up?

EDIT: Thanks Gus, you typed that while I was typing mine (slowly)..., I'll give that a try tonight when I'm back at the machine.

Keep pressing MOD until code comes up.
    Type in 95148
    Press enter.
    Parameter list will appear on screen.
    Use arrow keys to move to relevant parameter.
    Press DEL to exit parameters.

User-parameters
    Up to 16 machine parameters can be made accessible to the machine operator via the MOD-function. These user-parameters can be assigned by the machine tool builder at his own discretion.
    Assignment of user-parameters
    If a machine parameter is to be made accessible to the user, the lamp beneath the P-key must be on when programming the parameters (if necessary press P-key). After pressing the ENT key, the parameter is suffixed by the letter P.

The dialogue texts USER PAR. 1 to USER PAR. 16 are stored n the EPROM under the address of the PLC:ERROR 84 to PLC:ERROR 99. If, however, error messages a1.e required instead of dialogues, the corresponding dialogue texts within the PLC-EPROM must be revised (Address of USER PAR. 1 = Address of PLC:ERROR 84 etc.).

Quote Originally Posted by csg67 View Post
    User-parameters
    Assignment of user-parameters
    If a machine parameter is to be made accessible to the user, the lamp beneath the P-key must be on when programming the parameters (if necessary press P-key). After pressing the ENT key, the parameter is suffixed by the letter P.
    Ah, bingo, thanks. I went back the MPs, pressed "P" then set the ISO/GCODE switch. Now I can get to that one setting (although it is mis-labeled) in my User Params.

So, as a supplementary question, does anyone know what the default "user parameters" are for a Bridgeport Interact Series 1 Mk2 machine running a TNC151 control? I don't know what letter code the controller is.