585,744 active members*
5,020 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Colchester Tornado lathes > Duplomatic Turret Issues - Colchester 3000L

Duplomatic Turret Issues - Colchester 3000L

Hi,

Need help with Duplomatic Turret issues on a Colchester 3000L:

I think the top solenoid was not working properly, so I re-soldered the connnections. It now seems to be working properly. Essentially timing seems to be out but I can't manage to get the functions re-timed correctly.

Turret will sometimes reach correct tool position in program / automatic operation provided an adjacent tool isn't called. Same using MDI. Jog results in a failure to index.

Trying to re-time turret following forum instructions from other duplomatic issues results in one of two states:

- A failure to index, ie servo seems to reverse to quickly and you end up back at the same tool position.

- Index but a failure of the turret to lock resulting in not ready / feed hold alarm.

What seems to be working:

- Tool positions are correctly identified under parameter 16.
    - Solenoid lock indication under parameter 17 is signalling correctly ( I had thought that sensor position might have been out, but this doesn't seem to be the issue).

Where to from here? When the issue emerged I had just tried to run my first program loaded via RS232, surely that couldn't initiate the problem?

I have had issues with the turret previously but managed to get them solved using instructions from the forum (phases on servo motor had been reversed!).

Over the last couple of days turret had been getting plenty of work due to loading up a new set of tools, distribution of tools is balanced, it had performed faultlessly until yesterday.

Finally got to the bottom of the issue!!

The shot bolt proximity sensor had failed closed. Due to the timing of the turrets sequential operations, the turret would index correctly virtually all of the time if a program or MDI was used, regardless of the fact that the sensor had failed. If Jog was however used, the timing of the turrets sequential operations didn't result in the turret rotating enough to allow the shot bolt to lock the turret before motor reversal.

Hi there, i'm glad that you've solved your problem. Could you help me with lost parameters? Thank You!!!