I am in the progress of taking the DeskCNC G2 Controller into operation on a new mill. I have everything wired up and did progressively test all the functions as I completed them. I have the DeskCNC software configured for 3 axis operation and when I jog, I get step and direction signals. Also the homing works so as all relais output work fine. However I seem to have an issue with Limit, E-Stop, Pause. At first I did not realize I have to have at the E-Stop and Limit pulled to ground so I left them unconnected. The funny thing is tho jogging and homing works just fine with E-Stop and/or Limit regardless if pulled to ground or not. When I measure at the E-Stop and Limit pin, I measure +5V to ground, which implies the pull-up is ok. Same for the Limit input, the controller provides step pulses regardless if Limit is pulled to ground or not.

So my question is, what am I missing here. I did try to catch up on similar issues reported on the DeskCNC forum but none seems to be applicable as a solution to my problem.

I am using Software Version 2.0.2.66 with Firmware 2.36

Please if someone could give me a pointer, I'd be very thankful.