584,871 active members*
5,121 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Okuma > LC20-2S manual Tailstock

LC20-2S manual Tailstock

If someone can help me with this tailstock?
    I can't move it. Bolt "A" and bolts "B" looks to be involved. I don't want to apply excessive force until I don't know for sure, which bolts to release before tailstock movement.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 01_Tailstock_general_view_1.jpg   02_Tailstock_rear_view_1.jpg   03_Tailstock_rear_bolt_2.jpg   04_Tailstock_side_view_3.jpg  

06_Tailstock_front_view_2.jpg  

Hey Al,
    If this machine is anything like my old machine, you will find that Rod 1 is there to act as a 'Hard' stop between the lower saddle and the Tailstock body. Rod 2 is the Limit switch activator to trip the overstroke command if the user has not set the Z positive limit position correctly.
    I never had to manually undo any bolts to move the tailstock as ours was a tow-along model. Try using G152 Wxxx where xxx is the "W" axis position you want the tailstock to move to.
    The G152 command automatically moves the A turret into position to align the tow-along shaft, providing you have set the Z positive limit to allow the A turret to move into position. It then engages the link shaft and unlocks the tailstock clamp. The tailstock is then dragged along to the nominated position and clamped. The A turret will then move back to centre the tow-along shaft in the link hole to avoid hanging the shaft up on the edge of the hole.
    If the machine does have the G152 command, it should also have manual link/unlink buttons on the operator panel.
    Cheers
    Brian.

Thank You, Mr. Bryan, You are absolutely right concerning rods. The manual I have tels about tow-along tailstock. There is no joint, no additional panel, however. I was looking for joint on upper turret and on tailstock. Didn't find any. The bolt "A" is fixed that way, that it can't go back when unscrewed. It pushes the nut (plate ? ) on the end.
    I'll check the G152 command.

If there is no Joint on the upper turret or matching slot on the tailstock and there is no extra buttons on the control panel, then using G152 will not work as there is no tow-along capability.
    Sounds like it is a total Manual 'drag' it along the bed tailstock... good luck.
    Brian.

that exactly my question is. I guess, the bolt "A" is for clamp release, and what next? Must be serrated guideway? It's heavy, could be 200kg

On our LC 30 bolts C are clamp unlock & bolt A manualy moves the tail stock via a gear & rack.

bolts C are clamp unlock
    I'll try. These four bolts are secured twice, didn't thought it could be for clamp release

Thank You, Mr. Bodaddy
    bolt A manualy moves the tail stock via a gear & rack
    exactly. Note: A rotating clockwise moves turret left

Re: LC20-2S manual Tailstock

Hey how are you? do you have electrical circuit manual of this machine?

Re: LC20-2S manual Tailstock

Sorry, no I don't.
    We sold off our old LC20 years ago.
    Loved that fabulous machine.