584,841 active members*
4,686 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: Super B

Super B

Hello everyone. First post. I am new to the CNC machines. Does anyone have a Super B? I am looking at purchasing one and just wondered how others are liking them. Thank you.

Can't help with Super B.
    My XLR8 should be here around the end of the month.
    The shop I visited for demo had a 3 year old predecessor of the XLR8 and he was still very happy to have bought it and we were impressed with the quality of the machine as well.
    For our industrial shop we did/would not consider machines in the Super B class.
    www.integratedmechanical.ca

I wish I could afford the XLR8. This is just kind of a hobby for me with some additional income. I have heard nothing but good things about Dynatorch.

major metal:

I am going to try and go look at their machines in person in the next few weeks up in Huntsville. I am new to CNC plasma cutting (and all CNC for that matter), and want to get a better Idea of what we are buying. even $10,000 is a lot of money, so I am going to take a few machines for a test drive before we buy.

I don't need anything of the quality of an industrial grade machine like the C&G's that I have been told to buy, though I would love to have one and the $60K+ it would cost. I'm hoping something on the level of the super B or the XLR8 will fit our needs.

The support from the guys at Dyna Torch is excellent, If you do encounter a problem with the machine or need computer/software help there right on it.
    I have two Dyna Torch machines that we have operated 7 days a week at times and as luck would have it a problem shows up Sunday morning, no problem at all a quick call to Leon Drake, yes he gives out his cell number and yes he answers on weekends got us going again.
    Mike Clem has helped us many a time on software updates etc, always VERY helpful.
    I have owned different brands of CNC plasma cutting tables over the years and have found for the money you cannot go wrong with Dyna Torch.
    There are cheaper plasma cutting tables out there but you need to compare what you get for the bucks you spend, some times a few bucks more can get you into a far better machine.

Thanks for the info. That's very good to hear. I placed my order and will be picking it up in the next few weeks. I'm very anxious to get the machine. Just need to learn the software now.

I just placed an order for a super b as well! Got the 4X8 with laser indicator. Really looking forward to getting it, i'll be posting pictures and videos when i get it. On their facebook page, they are having a contest giveaway for an iPad if you send them a video of your machine. I'll take part, but hopefully it's not over by the time i get it running

I just visited Dynatorch's shop yesterday. They seem to make a solid product. we're considering buying one for our shop here.

I saw the super B in action, and it seemed like a well made machine. I was a little skeptical about the belts until I saw them in person, but they get the job done and look easy to service should the need arise. IMHO a far better design than gears racks that are facing in towards the cutting area.

The software they sell with the machine looked plenty easy to use, though I can't compare it to anything else since I haven't looked at anything else yet. I'm still looking for someone somewhat local who has a plasmacam/torchmate/or other machine that they could show me in action.

There is a learning curve, but once you get past it you'll love it..

Congrats on the new purchase.. and let the fun begin..

Hi, I've just purchased a Super B 4 x 4. I'm at the stage of setting it up but I posted a youtube video on the uncrating for those people that are interested. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fHn0N9Nw_Q

So far I'm very impressed with the fit and finish and the overall feel of the table. I will be posting updates as I jump the hurdles to getting it working.

Thx
    I thought you said your dog doesn't bite!...........Not my dog.

Well done guys!!
    My machine will be 2 yrs in June, no regrets, would absolutely get another if needed.
    Andy.

Quote Originally Posted by Hworks View Post
    Well done guys!!
    My machine will be 2 yrs in June, no regrets, would absolutely get another if needed.
    Andy.
    Have you noticed any changes from your machine to the new ones? Just curious.

Thx

Ovo
    I thought you said your dog doesn't bite!...........Not my dog.

I have had my Super B 4x8 about a month now. I have nothing to compare it to but I am loving it. I still have lots to learn about the CNC plasma world but am definitely making progress. Support is only a phone call away 7 days a week. Thanks Dynatorch.

Re: Super B

If you would, would of you folks who bought a Super B give a price range of the Super B.
    Thanks
    Leo