586,005 active members*
4,897 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > Gecko Drives > G540 stanalone MPG Pendant

G540 stanalone MPG Pendant

I have customer owns a machine shop. He has an expensive Optical Comparator (OC) that has some bad XYZ stepper motor control problems. He asked me if I could come up with a control unit that would run his OC. I will post a picture of the pendant that I made for him. It has some nice features in that it plugs directly into the G540 (not included). It has a XYZ slector switch for selecting the desired axis. It has a mode select switch to select fine movement with the encoder or use with the internal pulse generator for rapid movement. Use the speed control pot to vary the speed. Each axis direction is is reversable. Simply select the mode
    I see that this could be used with Mill-Drills as a selectable XYZ control unit where cnc is not required. It plugs in directly to a Geck G540 control box.
    Dan Mauch
    Camtronics Inc
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC00550 (Small).JPG  

I had an idea to make one of these, maybe little simpler. Does the g540 have two parallel ports or do you unplug one for the other? Also What kind or selector did you use, or is like a micro controller based switch? I can figure most of it out but can you help me with a simple design, I have three separate drivers and wa thinking (simpler) of a 3 pole 4 throw rotary switch. ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by JrSaw View Post
    I had an idea to make one of these, maybe little simpler. Does the g540 have two parallel ports or do you unplug one for the other? Also What kind or selector did you use, or is like a micro controller based switch? I can figure most of it out but can you help me with a simple design, I have three separate drivers and wa thinking (simpler) of a 3 pole 4 throw rotary switch. ideas?
    No the G540 only has one db25 for signal input. It's not a PP but if you hook it up to a PC with a G code interpreter then yes.
    I used a 3 position 4 pole switch for both the mode select and the axis select switches.