585,667 active members*
3,940 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > GE Fanuc i "Invalid Tcode and DrawBar"

GE Fanuc i "Invalid Tcode and DrawBar"

Hello this is my first post so hopefully this is in the right forum. I cut cabinet parts on a KOMO VR 512 Mach II with the Fanuc software. During the past month I have been getting a DRAW BAR fault error. First I thought it was because the variance on the cone was off but after re calibrating it the problem persists. The cone depth is suppose to be from 9mm to 17mm and 13mm is suggested, ours was at 18.5mm and when the draw bar error would occur it was almost impossible to remove the tool manually. After fixing that there is no longer the manual removal issue. About a year ago the entire spindle was replaced (I apologize if my terms are very basic, but I have only been running the machine for just over 3 months). I discovered that the Cat track ontop of the spindle was not screwed to the mount and was resting on the wire harness that goes into the top of the spindle. I mounted the cat track so it isn't resting on the harness but the error continues. I assume it might be a few loose wires inside the harness that get stressed when the machine is moving in certain spots and causes the Draw Bar error. Also the error doesn't occur in one specific place while cutting it could be at any location over the spoil board when it happens. I haven't removed the wire harness and re fitted the wires yet but plan to do that soon just to be sure.

So the first question is what else could be causing the Draw Bar Fault error?

The second question regarding the actual Fanuc software occurs after the Draw Bar issue. I get the ATC must be homed error and home the tool changer as instructed in the manual. I also make sure all alarms are cleared, and if I run any program that uses our aggregate tool bank that program will run fine. But if I try to re run a DNC program that uses any of our 12 tools in the holder after the initial draw bar error, I get an invalid T code error. My current solution is to reboot the entire machine which takes about 5 minutes and it works fine. I get this problem a couple times per day.

My second question is how do I manually reset or re key the T Code so I don't have to reboot the machine each time?

BUMP! HA! figured it out! After about a year of draw bar issues I'm pretty sure I have figured it out. In the past I noticed that when I turned my machine to manual tool change mode and would click on the draw bar button on top of the carriage to manually drop a tool out. If I pushed all the way down it would not engage, but I would have to push it about half way in order to release the tool. I figured just a faulty manual button but since I rarely use it probably not a big issue. Well I just discovered something new this last week. My cone was sticking down and not raising back up and I replaced the SMC sv2200-5uf 2 way air valve but no change, it was still sticking. I could manually press the A and B selectors on the valve and get it to move the cone, but once I wasn't pressing either A or B the cone would go down. While I had the carriage cover off I thought well I should see about checking that faulty button. I switched my machine to manual mode and played with it and yep it was stuck. I wiggled it and it unstuck allowing the cone to go back up. I then went ahead and re homed my machine and ran a fly cut program. Half way through the fly cut I recieved the draw bar error. This time when I went to home the ATC spindles once I hit the manual tool button it dropped the tool on my spoil board stuck again. (lucky there is a safe check that stops the spindle before the manual draw bar release is engaged). So inspecting the manual button further on the carriage it turned out the wires under neath were loose and after tightening everything down no more draw bar issues. Oh and the manual button works fine when you press it. So just in case anyone has the draw bar issue in the future hopefully this will offer some aid.

Re: GE Fanuc i "Invalid Tcode and DrawBar"

I am having the exact same problem. Thank you so much for posting the solution. I will give it a shot.