585,687 active members*
4,471 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 2 of 2 12

Re: Flood coolant dermatitis

I have been using SwissLube Blazocut 2000 Universal since about 1995 and I have never had any skin issues.
    You can buy GOOD PARTS or you can buy CHEAP PARTS, but you can't buy GOOD CHEAP PARTS.

I have used koolmist 77 since my machine was new 3+ years ago. I have sensitive skin/lungs and only feel it when I am doing lots of flood with flymilling that throws lots of mist up.
    I can have issues with my lungs but the thing that helps us lots of mechanical ventilation. I have 2 500cfm fans above my machine that pull air from across my shop.
    I like the water idea but will stay with koolmist
    By the way, wear good quality gloves all the time.

Flood coolant dermatitis

Using Blasocut 2000 as well with no issues (factory is actually just 20mins away from my place). I definitely wouldn't use plain water. Water isn't really lubricating and since some coolant usually finds its way past the way-covers, you might get rust underneath there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good point about the unseen rust. I will stick with Koolmist for now.

Quote Originally Posted by cordvision View Post
    Using Blasocut 2000 as well with no issues (factory is actually just 20mins away from my place). I definitely wouldn't use plain water. Water isn't really lubricating and since some coolant usually finds its way past the way-covers, you might get rust underneath there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi, i suggest you use some kind of hand cream like sudocream. This seals and lubricates the poures of your skin. I use it even for cracked skin due to winter cold or else try a some kind of natural extract oil.

I don't like wearing gloves because you will loose the sensitivity of your fingers and they can become a danger with revolving tools. I have witnessed a guys hand being caught by a conventional mill. The guy was lucky enough that the glove was too worn out that it just ripped off.

Were in the same boat as well, but we been used cimstar a low foam coolant in stead of strait water that can hurt your machines, that some machines used the coolent to
    help keep the spindle cool.

for my hands from brake out, i been using an oil base hand cream every day after i wash me hands it seem to be working.

Page 2 of 2 12