584,800 active members*
4,574 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Employment Opportunity / RFQ (Request for Quote). > RFQ (Request for Quote) > Need help with g code for fire control pocket on AR15 lower reciver, have G code.
Page 1 of 3 123

Need help with g code for fire control pocket on AR15 lower reciver, have G code.

Hello,

I have a taig 3 axes mill and mach 3 with a geko540 controller and I am trying to mill out the fire control pocket for these 80% lower receivers I purchased.

I have all the solid modes for the receiver and even have some g code that I can not get to run on my machine.

Solid models

CNCGUNSMITHING - www.cncguns.com - Downloads

G code

https://hlfmanufacturing.com/Fire_Control_Pocket.html

I have the 3/8th and 1/4 end mills already, so if you can convert the g code to work or build new g code for my taig 3 axis mill (Steeper motors) with the geko 540 controller and mach3 I will send you a paypal payment for your time.

You can call or text me at 509 237 1573, email me [email protected] , message me via google talk at webdesign212, yahoo messenger powerdbydsm or AIM djtyson1980.

Thanks for your help!

When I copied the gcode to notepad it was double spaced. I removed the blank lines and the N numbers. I'm not sure but I dont think the N numbers are necessary. Just making it a bit easier to work with. It still needs editing to make it work... What is the material?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Have your tried the code? their are a few blanks for tool number and height offset change these your desired tool number and H offset and it should run, also remove the double spacing. and at the begging it goes
    %
    o ar15

make that

%
    o0001

This weekend I progarm will the fire control. I will include a setup sheet and program

Any follow up?

did anyone get this code to work I have been trying for a while with no luck

Guys, seriously? The fire control pocket on an AR lower is dead simple to code, I wouldn't even bother using CAM. The prints are available on the net.

Buckle down and get at least a basic idea of how to run a machine. G00, G01, G02, G03 is all you need to get the job done.

Keebler303

No matter how hard you try, you cannot teach "the use common sense".

Buckle down and get at least a basic idea of how to run a machine. G00, G01, G02, G03 is all you need to get the job done.

If they had that basic knowledge, and used it, they would have a Gcode that would work.

Mike

Poor guy has been waiting over a year for 50 lines of code. I've typed more characters into this thread than would be required to machine the whole pocket.

I have to pee so bad but I can't find anybody to hold my hand while I go...........

You guys are probably right but it's sad that you feel this way I'm sure you had questions when you started out but now I guess you to high to help someone trying to learn

thisdjj

Yes I spent a lot of time with DigitalPunk on his project, first I helped him set up his machine which was not running, & then made a new program so he could cut what he wanted to do

Keebler303 Yes talk is cheap, doing is what counts!!! there is a lot more to doing this than what you are saying is easy to hand code, can it be done by hand sure if you know what you are doing, but that would take you half a day to get done/right & if you did one thing wrong, you would be throwing away about $250 casting, or more of casting, I did the program & he cut the part
    Mactec54

The good thing is I have my unit running good just need to learn the programming or find a program that will help a person like myself trying to learn

MacTec54

Would you be willing to help me for a fee?

I may be simplifying things a bit, but it really not rocket science to hand code. I have one sitting next to me, it is a few rectangles with round corners, nothing more.

I have no problem at all helping out beginners. I do it on a daily basis, both here and in real life (it is part of my day job). I can't say I've never busted someones chops, but generally they deserve it.

I get irritated easily with beginners who are not willing to learn. Lets take the code posted earlier as an example. It says right in the code "F_" and then follows with a comment explaining that you have to put a number in there. Try as you may, mach3 is never going to run the code if you don't specify a feedrate for the G01, G02 and G03 lines immediately following it. There are countless free resources online where one can learn the basics. Maybe start with the mach3 manual? Everything is there and described fairly clearly. Youtube videos, websites, etc. etc. Anyone who refuses to try deserves no help from me.

Anyone who posts something like "hey guys I have no idea what I'm doing and I want you to take a look at this code I wrote to see what is wrong. mach3 throws an error on line 27 and I don't know why" will likely get help. If you say hey guys I gave it my best shot and am struggling, I will help. If you say I tried a file from the internet and and it didn't work, fix it for me, good luck...

It seems a bit foolish to run code from a stranger on the internet without having at least a clue of what the code might do. Imagine the first few lines are good, then there is:
    M3
    G00Z-100.

That WILL crash your machine. You will not be able to hit the estop fast enough. Imagine your remorse when you realize you should have spent 30 seconds on google to determine that G00 is a rapid move and -100. might not be where you want to be heading.

thisdjj

I will help you for a FREE, no bull$hit. Let's start with a dimensioned drawing of what you want to accomplish, ok? We haven't even gotten that far in the year since this post started.

Matt

thank you for the time your taking to help me I do know the feed rate which i got from g wizard calculator I also have the print of the measurements if that helps

Digitalpunk if you still need a program for it I'll not only model it in Solidworks but I'll write the program in Esprit 2013 in minutes with code that can be easily edited if your machine is picky over the posted code. What control is on the machine?

here is a link to the prints of the ar measurements http://www.advancedrifles.com/build-it-yourself/

That's a pretty crap drawing. The one on cncgunsmithing is much better. I'll get going on it when I have time.

This is going to be more of a tutorial than some freebie code, feel free to jump in at any time...

There are 3 major steps as outlined in the attached pdf.
    The first two steps will have multiple substeps, the third step is a simple one so it can be done all in one go.

Doing the rounded corners that are not 90 degrees would require trigonometry to find the start and end points. We can avoid that by making all the angles 90 degrees. It is not the most efficient way to cut the part, but it is simpler to program by hand with no fancy CAM software.

I'm going to assume a 3/8 endmill for the first 2 steps and a 1/4 endmill for the final one.

Step 1 will be coming soon...

Matt
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails fire control pocket.PDF  

Here are some dimensions and the proposed toolpath.

We'll work on some code later, it's time for bed...

Page 1 of 3 123