586,009 active members*
4,843 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Toyoda > Help with forces on fa630

Help with forces on fa630

We have an fa630 in our shop. We are a welding shop and don't have a lot of experience with cnc machines. I've been looking into how to force bits in the PMC to help us recover faster/safer when the inside pallet falls off the pallet changer. While messing with it I forced off keep relay K900.4 which enables forces. Now I don't even have the soft key for forces. I've since found a better resource for information and I think I know what to do now, but I need to get that bit back on so I can get to the forces screen again. Anyone that could give me some help with this.?

What control do you have?

K900.4 should be on the PMC PRM page.

I can view the status of k900.4 but ever since I forced that bit off the forces soft key under the PMC screen is gone so I can't turn it back on. I now know I need to turn on k900.0 as well, but can't do that until I get my forces soft key back which I need to turn on k900.4 to do. I believe it is the PMCDGN screen on the machine center interface that I'm looking at. I may be off base but I believe I'm on the right track I just need to get that bit back on. I found something that said I have it insert an edit card or C card but I'm not yet sure what that is referring to or if I have one.

What is the serial number on the machine? I am ex Toyoda so I can help you out, we currently have about 100 Toyoda horizontals in the plant, and 630 pallet changers are one of my specialties! Give me the machine number i.e. NS or NM and then the number.

I'll look it up when I get back to work sun night.

NS0679

So it's a 16iMB control, probably built in 05 or so. Have you had issues with it tossing pallets? I'm assuming the pallet doesn't actually fall off but comes disengaged from the drive pins on the door plate. If you remove the pins, usually a pry bar and a little axis jogging will get it back to where you want it.
    You should be able to go to the ladder screen and modify from there. So get to the Ladder diagram, hit W-Srch the coil output you want and through a combination of soft keys you can "NOT" the output, and then update the change (all changes disappear when you power off). An example would be 8W1 which is the output for UNCLAMP PALLET IN MACHINE, and 8W3 which is UNCLAMP PALLET IN PC.
    You can then modify the axis interlocks (be safe here) N1GIT1 for X, 2 for Y, 3 for Z and 4 for B. Usually you only need to modify X and B.
    I also assume you have a manual for this machine? If not I can help you with some of the most common stuff.
    I wouldn't recommend using the FORCE page in STATUS as it's definitely more difficult to make sense of, assuming you have a little Ladder logic familiarity. PM me if you want or I can help in this thread if you like.