585,877 active members*
3,385 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Cincinnati CNC > Cincinnati Arrow 2000 Siemens Acramatic 2100

Exclamation Cincinnati Arrow 2000 Siemens Acramatic 2100

I am extremely new to CNC. I have ran a lot of different ones, but this new machine I got is a little bit more than I bargained for. I have everything I need figured out, except how to set tool height. There is a probe in the machine, and I can get it to come down and touch on G68, but only the collet touches and I guess I am unaware how to calculate the offsets, as well as set the tool height to 0. Can anyone help me on this matter please.

Red face Z height

Sorry I don't have the answer, but I do have the same / similar problem. I zero it according the manual but it then picks a height, specifically 12" above my number (part nominal work surface). Is there an offset or other piece of info that I am missing. Tried g92.1 axis zero menu nothing is getting around this. I still very green on this control, but have set X & Y using same method with no problem. I can make them = to machine # on x & y but z is giving me a real problem. What is this idiot ( me ) missing?

I have trammed the spindle according to the book and that # holds true, but from there on out it is un-pleasantness.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

On that note is there anyone in tri-state area that knows the control well and would be willing to come give an orientation so to speak (compensated of course)

Doug

Im not sure about setting with a probe,but once the machine has been trammed to get all your tools zero I use a surface dial indicator around 4" then call up the tool number doesnt really matter at what height you choose,then push tool set up on pendant, use your hand wheel to bring the tool down to the indicator and touch it at a chosen height,now push the tool length button,top left on pendant,now the tool set button will flash and then push it.Now repeat same on all your tools ,once this is done use your zero shift to set z zero on one tool and all the rest should be the same,im not sure this is the imformation you need but I hope it helps regards.

Height set acromatic 2100

Well I figured it out. First you have to tram the spindle to the table, or fixture, MDI
    T0 M6 cycle start; follow prompts on screen as well.

Use gage blocks and slowly hand wheel the spindle down till you get a nice slip fit at what ever height you have chosen. On pendant
    tools more then set tram height F1 I think. pendant should then display the height of your blocks
    I believe then M30 in MDI and cycle start, My fingers remember the procedure better than my mind,
    Now with spindle height set @ for tool 0 you can start setting your tool heights.
    So say your gonna set height for T1 1" Dia. E.M., same basic procedure go to tools on touch screen set up t1, decide on if it going to be a manual or magazine tool (I have some really big face mills where if your use the mag it will need both pockets on either side empty I think the largest you can go in my 30 tool mag is 5" and some change in dia. before having to leave either side empty.
    MDI T1 M6 cycle start
    Bring tool down till again slip fit with the same gage block height you used to tram the spindle with T0
    Pendant tools more len set F1 and the tool length should appear in your tool table on the screen.
    MDI M30 cycle start (double check this cause not being in front of the machine I'm not sure when M30 is required. and that is about it.
    Again with out being in front I may have skipped something so be careful and double check.
    Hope this helps

Doug
    OOh one last thing when bringing down the spindle tool or not get it close then slide the blocks out, bring down some more slide blocks under, rinse & repeat till slip fit is achieved, this way you won't crash into the blocks.