586,011 active members*
4,152 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > Servo Motors / Drives > Make a Driver For Servo Brushless Motor Up to 1.5Kw

Make a Driver For Servo Brushless Motor Up to 1.5Kw

This is from International Rectifier.

http://www.irf.com/product-info/imot...alcontrol.html

They have like modular chips system call: iMotion chip set.

Description

IRMCK201 is a complete AC servo motor control IC. It contains closed loop current control for sinusoidal AC current, and closed loop velocity control based on encoder position feedback interface. A standard communication port is provided for RS232C or RS422, in addition to a fast SPI communication interface. Unlike a traditional DSP or a microcontroller, the IRMCK201 does not require any programming effort to complete the complex control algorithm. It allows users to configure the algorithm for specific application needs. Permanent magnet motor or AC induction motor are supported. IRMCK201 facilitates high performance servo design together with the IR2175 current sensing IC and IR213x high voltage 3-phase gate driver IC, which simplifies the hardware design while minimizing cost. For multi-axis applications, IRMCK201 can be used as a multi-drop slave drive based on the SPI protocol. The package is available in a 100-pin QFP.

Overview

IRMCK201 is a new International Rectifier integrated circuit device designed as a one-chip solution for complete closed loop current control and velocity control for a high performance servo drive system. Unlike a traditional microcontroller or DSP, IRMCK201 does not require any programming to complete complex AC servo algorithm development. Combined with International Rectifier’s high voltage gate drive and current sensing IC, the user can implement a complete AC servo control with minimum component count and virtually no design effort. Although IRMCK201 contains dedicated logic to perform closed loop control of AC current and velocity, it has a wide range of application coverage through its flexible configuration ability. The drive can be easily configured for induction machine closed loop vector control or permanent magnet motor servo drive. Rich motion peripherals, analog and digital I/O can also be configured. Host communication logic contains an asynchronous RS232C or RS422 communication interface, a fast slave SPI interface and an 8-bit-wide Host Parallel Interface. All communication ports have the same access capability to the host register set. The user can write to and read from the predefined registers to configure and monitor the drive through these communication ports.

They even sell a KIT " It is the driver READY TO RUN"

"Complete Encoder Based Servo Drive Design Platform
    iMOTIONTM Development System"

3.1 Readily Drivable Motor List

If the motor is one of the following, it can be run immediately without commissioning.

• Sanyo Denki 400W 8-pole servo motor with 2000-pulse encoder (P30B06040DXS00M,)
    • Sanyo Denki 750W 8-pole servo motor with 2000-pulse encoder (P30B08075DXS00M)
    • Sanyo Denki 1.5kW 8-pole servo motor with 2000-pulse encoder (P20B10150DXS00M)
    • Glentek 160W 4-pole servo motor with 2000-pulse encoder (GMB2010-17-E-02100005)
    • Glentek 1.0kW 6-pole servo motor with 5000-pulse encoder (GMB3530-24-E-02200109)
    • Glentek 1.2kW 6-pole servo motor with 5000-pulse encoder (GMB3530-37-E-02200109)
    • Glentek 600W 6-pole servo motor with 5000-pulse encoder (GMB3530-48-E-02200109)
    • Pacific Scientific 800W 8-pole servo motor with 2048-pulse encoder (PMB23C-00114-00)
    • Reliance Electric 2HP 4-pole induction motor with 1024-pulse encoder (P14A5805)

If any other motor is used, adaptation and re-configuration is required, which can be accomplished using the
    ServoDesignerTM tool.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails imotion.jpg  

There have been other threads about this chip.

Neat that you can get a ready to use board!

I need help deciding which one:

From digikey, the IRMCS2011 kit is good to 750W and costs $2398.00 single quantity and the IRMCS201 is good to 1kW and costs $2500.00 but they show no stock :frown:

Perhaps a group purchase? (chair) (chair) (chair) (chair) (chair) (chair) (chair) (chair) (chair) (chair) (chair) (chair) (chair) (chair) (chair)

Look at these
    Attached Files Attached Files

I believe you need to buy their kit in order to have access to to the required software for configuring the chip.

This thread fetures IRMCK201 discussion:
    http://www.cnczone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14673

the schematics are mostly by me, if anyone is interested I can email the PADS files.

I'm not that enthusiastic about continuing the project... (IRMCK has so small pins that it will require fab-made pcb, very hard to solder, hard (not impossible!) to prototype without software from IRF)

right now I'm thinking about using a dsPIC for the control and using the IRAMS powerstage. that will allow step/dir input which is cheap.

hi Andy55
    this means u can not driving any type of AC Servo Motor???
    for driving up to max. 750W Servo motor , can I use IRMCK201 without IRF Soft ware ???
    Plz. help Me.

Quote Originally Posted by andy55 View Post
    This thread fetures IRMCK201 discussion:
    http://www.cnczone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14673

the schematics are mostly by me, if anyone is interested I can email the PADS files.

I'm not that enthusiastic about continuing the project... (IRMCK has so small pins that it will require fab-made pcb, very hard to solder, hard (not impossible!) to prototype without software from IRF)

right now I'm thinking about using a dsPIC for the control and using the IRAMS powerstage. that will allow step/dir input which is cheap.