585,712 active members*
3,819 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Events, Product Announcements Etc > Polls > I'm trying to decide on a CAM software for turret punch machines.

View Poll Results: Which punching software would you recommend?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • Cadman- Cadman-P

2 8.33%
  • Striker Systems- SS-Punch

0 0%
  • Radan- RadPunch

5 20.83%
  • Lantek- Expert Punch

3 12.50%
  • MultiPunch for PC

2 8.33%
  • Other

12 50.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.

I'm trying to decide on a CAM software for turret punch machines.

Our shop currently has a Strippit 1000XT and a 1000XP turret punch using Fanuc controllers. I currently program these machines using Multipunch II on Mac and we finally received the owners approval to look at new programing software. I would like to be able to open up our CAD files, which are .DWG from AutoCAD 2004, within this new software. I have also done some research for using the new software to program our LVD PPEC Press Brake and would like your opinion on how the software handles this funtion too. Which program would you recommend and why.

I use fabriwin.

i don't have any idea about it...

expert punch

hi..guys,here is the reason for recommending...The Lantek....

Lantek Expert Punch is a CAD/CAM software system especially designed for automating the programming of CNC punching machines. It is the result of over 25 years’ experience of close collaboration with both manufacturers and users of this type of machine.

It perfectly combines machine technology with the customer’s programming and management needs. The user can personalize the interface offered by Lantek to meet their exact requirements. Lantek Expert offers the most productive and profitable solution for punching machines programming.
    Entertainment Link Visit this site... https://www.facebook.com/ilovebiggboss

As both a programmer and hardware technician as well as the one STUCK servicing a Sienna ST Plus 1225 that was purchased in 2007 our way old fly-wheel strippit that theres no way i would ever tell anyone to waste their money on Strippits way over priced version of Expert Punch...

If one really wants Cadman then i'd suggest buying the Real Lantek version as Strippits only a boiler-plated version of the Lantek software and Strippits really gouging the end users for it as they overprice every module you add at every corner you turn...

As well its one thing to pay thru the nose for something thats extremely well supported but with whatever's gone on at Strippit/Lvd in the last few years its left their Customer Support and Service pretty much crippled... Strippit used to be one of the best when it came to quality and service but now it seems there more interested in pushing the new stuff out the door and reducing their costs by crippling the service department... instead you get long wait times to talk to someone and alot of i'll get back to you's that never seem to materialize without a bunch of call-backs and eventually getting angry...

case in point and i realize its not really what the post is about but it doe's speak to Strippits track record of service tho and thats this Sienna that we had made new for us in 2007 has already cost us more then 12K in service calls and parts while they chase dirt around the hydraulic system every couple of month when we have to call them back in again... every call we get billed for and i swear theres only 2 guys we ever get since ive been here in 2005, Paul which is really good and will bend over backwards to help the customer out but then we also get this guy called JD who's about as useless as they come and never seems to fix anything without another call back until eventually you get Paul who will fix the real problem... in the meantime the amount of downtime kills our business and the service bills just go up thru the roof as its iether pay them or you get no service guy...

it pains me to say this as ive been a big Strippit fan for many many years but with todays cost of doing business where it is I definately would be telling anyone to look for ALTERNATIVES to Strippit/Lvd...

I programmed a strippit 1250,1000, amada vipros and amada aries and two amada lasers using Fabriwin for almost 8 years. I never used the newer version I guess it had a feature tree like Solidworks. Fabriwin always worked good. It's nothing fancy but worked really good.

Sheetmetal Programming Software Info and Hot-Links to Programming Software Vendors is on this Page:
    CNC_Sheetmetal_Fabrication_Software