584,802 active members*
5,072 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Interact308 problems

Hey guys I'm wondering if anyone here can help me. I have a 1990 Bridgeport Interact 308 VMC that im having some issues with. the first issue i had was the 24Vdc powersupply went bad. Ive fixed this problem but now the spindle will not orient itself for tool changes. when i run a tool change program the Z axis goes to the right height and then the spindle oscilattes back and forth.
    this machine uses a Heidenhain tnc 2500 controller. any help here would be much appreciated

Patrick Polinder

I know that the DX controled 308s had a KTK spindle drive. What does this one have?
    Is the spindle speed accurate?

George
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

This one has a ControlTechniques Flux Vector Drive type V400.
    I'm no sure how accurate the rpm are. I can check the rpms at a low speed
    tomorrow and check them against the tachometer on the screen

Patrick Polinder

Control Techniques did make the KTK drive but I am unfamiliar with the V400 designation. I will do some research when I get a chance to get by the office.
    I questioned if the RPM was even close to see if there was a speed feedback issue.

George
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

I actually worked on an interact 308 today. Had to resurrect the parameters. The ETS is wrong in a few places. But with a list of parameter definitions, I managed to get it going.
    Is there a way to get a copy of your parameters?
    Could you fax it to 1-205-403-8900?
    Or email them to me.
    I see what you mean about the FLUX VECTOR DRIVE and the orient board just to the right. Bosch drives. And a very unusual place for the control.

George

Can you send a copy of the V400 and TNC 2500 parameters ?

machentek

could you please help me with a list of the parameter meanings for the v400 flux vector drive.I need to replace a drive on a BP 308 and will use a unidrive.
    Thanks in advance
    Bertie

Here you GO...
    Sorry dont have a description of the parameters.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks sgarciam, Much appreciated.
    Bertie

Found the manual.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Excellent Thanks Sgarciam buy the way beware of the two metalised paper capicators on the power board of these drives.They can burn and destroy the board plus the 3 phase bridge and more. Worthwhile changing them

Bertie

Re: Interact308 problems

Hi, Any chance you can re send the v400 parameters again as the excel attachment won't open. Regards bob

Re: Interact308 problems

I'll have to see where they are at