585,573 active members*
3,516 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Matsuura MC760 Spindle Mtr Removal

I am looking for some tips and guidance for gaining access to and removing the spindle motor for a Matsuura MC760.

As you can see by my username, I am familiar with Haas machines, but not so much with Matsuuras. Hopefully someone can help me prevent any unnecessary work.

I need to replace a failed motor coupler but I struggling to gain the appropriate access to do so. The left side cover screws for the head are obstructed by the tool changer assembly. Do I need to remove all of the tool changer assembly covers to access the screws for the head covers?

Once the covers are off and I have the motor ready to lift off, are there any particular techniques for removing the motor or special precautions to take?

Also, any particular tricks to maintain orientation for tool changer arm?

Sorry for the long post and thanks in advance for the help.

nOT AT ALL , JUST MARK THE ROTOR AND REPLACED WITH SAME MARK

Matsuura MC 760 V2 Spindle Coupling

Hello,
    I am right now getting ready to replace the coupling. Did you have to purchase from Methods or was a replacement part available locally? I was told it was a Lovejoy type coupling by someone and read that it was a style with plastic pucks that have to be replaced on another posting somewhere else.Thanks
    Keith

Quote Originally Posted by haastec View Post
    I am looking for some tips and guidance for gaining access to and removing the spindle motor for a Matsuura MC760.

As you can see by my username, I am familiar with Haas machines, but not so much with Matsuuras. Hopefully someone can help me prevent any unnecessary work.

I need to replace a failed motor coupler but I struggling to gain the appropriate access to do so. The left side cover screws for the head are obstructed by the tool changer assembly. Do I need to remove all of the tool changer assembly covers to access the screws for the head covers?

Once the covers are off and I have the motor ready to lift off, are there any particular techniques for removing the motor or special precautions to take?

Also, any particular tricks to maintain orientation for tool changer arm?

Sorry for the long post and thanks in advance for the help.