I bought a CNC masters Jr and the controller sucks and pretty much left me with no support. After reading all the horror stories of the CNC masters software and controller issues, I decided that I would retro fit mine with Mach 3.

I sent a quick email to camtronics and waiting to get another quote on having them build me a controller for it.

But cost effective wise, I know the stepper drivers are Gecko 201's non labeled. I know the power supply is too small from what I ve read also. So I looked at PC 4 CNC and through maybe one of their boards or setups may be the way to go.

One factor is time. This machine is for a business as a secondary operation machine. Its not 100% urgent it runs tomorrow, but the sooner the better. With that said, unless I had a really plug and play setup I can put together, then I prefer to go to someone that can provide me that. But if its going to cost more then I paid for the machine, then I might just sell the machine and chalk it up as a loss and look at something else.

So with that said, does anyone have any suggestions? I have the variable speed control on teh machine and their pendent control as well. I would like to incorporate those if possible. I am not a wiring guru or electrician. So if you guys have ideas, please spell them out as clear as possible.

Thanks

"