585,996 active members*
4,482 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Employment Opportunity / RFQ (Request for Quote). > Employment Opportunity > Seeking experienced machinists in the Macedonia, OH area

Seeking experienced machinists in the Macedonia, OH area

Hello,
    I'm seeking experienced setup machinists for a large company in the Macedonia, OH area.

-1st and 2nd shift availability
    -setups will be performed on lathes (moris) and mills (horizontal and vertical)
    -setups and machine maintenance/repair only, no production work will be required
    -this is a high-paced production environment so quick and reliable setups will be required
    -pay will be based on experience

I'm looking to fill these positions asap. You can leave a response her, PM me or leave a message @ my number, 440-454-0104.

Thanks,
    Jim

Okay I am a bit confused here. part of your post says no production work but your reference to the company being a high production facilities seems to be a bit contradictive.

Then your reference to the lathes being moris then a reference to the mills being verticals and horizontal but no names on the mills? Perhaps you could give a bit more information on your company such as the name or are you just a recruiter?

Probably a production facility that needs a jobshop type machinist to fix things when broke. I think alot of non machinist will refer to lathes as morse(spellcheck) or clausing. Those same guys usually dont name the mills by manufacture, only as vertical or horizontal. Just taking a wild guess. I would love that kind of job if the money was right. Everything one-off and hot.

Setup personnal I'm seeking would setup the machines, perform tool offsets and other adjustments necessary but not run production. The mills are Brothers Tap Centers, one Mitsubishi and one Toyoda. 4 lathes and there actually Moris. I'm the department manager and been doing machining since '96.

I have openings on 1st and 2nd shifts. Hours are 5am to 3pm for 1st and 2:45PM to 12:45am for 2nd, Monday thru Thursday. Friday will almost always be a mandatory overtime for the operators.

I'm not really looking for job-shop type machinists. Its a fast paced environment and I need quick turn around on the setups and 1st piece approval. On the average, setups should take no longer than a couple hours.

I have no problem paying $20-$22 an hour for the right people.