585,567 active members*
3,528 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Fadal > Double block numbers on Fadal Multi Processor CNC

Question Double block numbers on Fadal Multi Processor CNC

In our shop we have one new Fadal with a Fadal Multi Processor CNC. An operator apparently renumbered the program. And instead of the block numbers like N42.1 being renumbered, all the block numbers got a new block number in front of them.

So an N42.1 becomes N43 N42.1 etc.

Anyone have any information on this?
    Safety - Quality - Production.

Seems like he added block numbers, not renumbered. Quick and dirty fix is probably offload it to a PC with editing software that can remove all block numbers (probably have to run twice) then add block numbers back.

This feature was added early on as a major customer of Fadal requested it. Check in the SETP pages and you'll find a parameter that concerning ordered seqnence numbers.

Neal

Quote Originally Posted by Neal View Post
    This feature was added early on as a major customer of Fadal requested it. Check in the SETP pages and you'll find a parameter that concerning ordered seqnence numbers.

Neal
    I had checked SETP initially. And I looked again per your advice. There does not seem to be any setting for this. The OS is SYS 102.1

In the MU instructions, there is also nothing to explain this double block numbering.

Neal,
    I checked a PDF Fadal Manual. And I found the SETP page in the manual. I'm going to look again in the control for that option on that page. Thanks.

Neal,
    Check in the control again, and that option seems to be missing. At this point I can only guess that it is only available in format 2, not format 1. The machine is being ran in format 1. I'll have to check between setups.
    Safety - Quality - Production.

Download the program to the pc, delete all N# and upload it back (with no N#) the type NU