585,967 active members*
4,476 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

JCUT 25S with DSP or NCStudio?

Hello

I am close to buying a 1300x2500 JCUT 25S with dual spindles (3kW with 4.5kW extras) and ATC. It has servos and rack and pinion. I will be trying to remove as much material as possible from my product stock and accuracy is not super important.

Can anyone send me any tips generally, and, specifically, about the choice between DSP and NC studio for controllers? I have minimal experience with these. Is it hard to swap them out for Mach 3 or other controllers if necessary. JCut does not provide Mach3 for this machine.

Thanks

DSP OR NC STUDIO

Hi,for ATC ,you'd better ask for SYNTEC controller, it is based on LNC TAIWAN and it is the most popular CNC in mainland China.
    NC Studio used mainly for Engraver with MTC Spindle (single or multi-spindles),i do not see many NC Studio for ATC
    DSP is the most common used CNC ,it is most cheap one ,but memory is limited,and not as efficient as PC based CNC.

daniel

if you have option to choose, choose ncstudio or mach3..
    if youre sure you work only with 3 axis ncstudio good choice.. it has a controllercard and works independently from windows.. like a printerspooler or any other controlcard..
    with dsp control you have to go between computer and the machine with flashcard or flashdrive..
    a computer with monitor and everything cost about 150 on ebay.. so its cost lets you use a computer only for router..

if you have future plan for 4th axis.. ask them for mach3 option and order the extra axis now for your router.. so later you only hook the rotary and need no mess with controlbox..

Quote Originally Posted by victorofga View Post
    daniel

if you have future plan for 4th axis.. ask them for mach3 option and order the extra axis now for your router.. so later you only hook the rotary and need no mess with controlbox..
    Also if you have the extra driver you will have a spare if one goes down.

jcut

friend,mach3 is not common used in China,i have no idea yet.
    you mentioned ATC , both NC STUDIO and SYNTEC support it,Syntec is best but costs much higher than NC Studio.NC Studio is more cost -effective, it is ok with NC.

daniel, if you cant get mach3, then choose ncstudio... dsp dont have the flexibility like a computer hooked on router...

you can enquiry them.. on www.naiky.com
    or
    Shanghai Weihong Electronic Technology Co., Ltd. - motion control system, technological development in electronic, mechanical and electrical fields

NC Studio vs DSP

thanks for the replies. jcut does not provide mach3 for this machine and I have never heard of syntec. they may have it but they did not tell me if they do.

mandy at jcut recommended dsp because it can understand imperial (inches etc.) and "can control without computer".

i am really a novice with the controller stuff and appreciate the help.

Is it difficult to retrofit one of these machines with something else if it shows it is needed (something like Mach 3)?

Hi.
    Are you sure the machine you will buy with ATC spindle? I am afraid not. CNC machine with ATC spindle must need to be controlled by PLC not DSP. DSP is one kind of very simple controller and usually to be used normal 3 axis CNC machine. The advantage is control without computer. But the weak is too simple.
    NcStuido control system is PLC like Mach 3. Normally, it be used for CNC machine with muti-Z axis, or muti-head machine and supply series function for high accuracy effect. I not sure if you could understand my means.
    I suggest you check if the CNC machine you will order is ATC (automatic tool changer).
    You could send email to my mailbox and I would like to share information with you.

Regards,

Zoe

[email protected]

I think I know why you call the JCUT Machine" ATC". I guess the machine you interest with two Z axis which could engraving and cutting material in turn. That means you could add two different knife to spindle and do not need change the tool during process. Right?
    The real ATC machine with ATC store and it could change knife in short time. For it's need to be control by plc, that's why we suggest you use SYNTEC which good at it.

I don't suggest you use mach 3 to control that machine. Because of you need DIY some parts and get driver or something like that. I think it will easy when you try to use machine with NcStudio or DSP. You just need input G code and the machine will give you a completely result. ^_^

Regards,

Zoe
    Beijing Fanch Machinery Co., Ltd.

NC STUDIO OR DSP

victorofga,thanks ,but we are a chinese cnc engraver manufacturer,so i know clearly where to buy nc studio or dsp ^^,thank you anyway.

ATC (AUTO TOOL CHANGER),means a spindle can change tools by itself.and most common ATC is from HSD OR COLOMBO with Tool stations(6 or8).
    This is true ATC. at present SYNTEC is most common for this in China

in China,there is another kind of technology,that is a cnc engraver with multi-spindles(3 usually) and spindles work one by one (Successively), and at last you have to change tool by hand.some people call it ATC,but it is not the real ATC, NC Studio is most common for this machine.

this machine is more efficiency than machine with single Spindle(manual tool changer),because in each process can use 3 different tools,but it is of less efficiency than real ATC spindle because in each process ATC may use 8 different tools.

DSP is the most simple controller,usually used in 2D (plates,sign) and other simple processing, and memory is limited. it is not as fast as NC Stuido.
    you'd better ask for NC Studio

daniel

it is not difficult.. however if it is fitted with an nc studio that will work ok.. the dsp possible works well.. however you like to control yourself

dsp is for shops where anyone could operate a router without any knowledge..
    you make the program, or gcode and on a flashdrive the operator sticks in the pendant.. and operator is limited to operating... no editing gcode or redraw or change anyway the work..

this way worker also can not produce their own home work while boss is away :-)

very roughly the control pending on a small card between the actual control and computer..
    BOB or breakout board..
    if you never made it before or read about it better just leave it as it is..

not complicated, many folks make theirself..on cnc zone you can find..

by the way that syntec control possible same good but here in us many customer has only experiment with ncstudio.. so we will suggest what we know..

dsp or nc studio

i think i understand you briefly. NC Studio is sure a good choice,but there are copy of NC and it is very popular,it is easier to use than original while without several functions , so you have to tell which is copy and which is original,must be careful.

simultaneous spindle operation

thanks for the feedback.

I want to be able to operate the spindles simultaneously, both for cutting, not engraving. I want to be able to make two identical products at one time with two spindles. I will use 2 or 3 bits/tools to do this so I want a tool changer that can hold 4 or 6 tools for the two spindles.

Is it difficult for the machine to cut with two spindles at one time? What do people think is the best controller for this?

Dan

dsp or nc studio. danielcoyle

hi,yes,a CNC Engraver with one Z axis and multi-spindles(2 or more),you can check this link:SK-1513W-4Z - SIGNKEY - Product - CNC multi ?axis Engraver and SIGNKEY - HR - SK-1513W-4Z, this machine is mainly for engraving , if you want to cut on MDF,Acryl,Wood,you have to change to more powerful spindle,like 3kw or 4.5kw.
    A 1500×1300mm machine with 2 spindles,the working size of each spindle is 1500x650mm,
    A 1500×2500mm machine with 2 spindles,the working size of each spindle is 750x2500mm.
    NC Studio is the most popular CNC for such machine at present,because it is PC based(PC and machine connects directly,and operate by PC),faster to output and large memory (Memory is big as PC memory).

it is not ATC,i mean you have to change tool by hand if needed,of course you can change to different types of tools(∮ 3.175 ,∮ 6,∮ 12)

Hi.
    Firstly, the controller is depended on the machine you choose. For example, if you choose ATC machine, you need use Syntec Controller. If you choose CNC machine with two Z axis, you need use NcStudio which has function of control two axis freely. But if you finally choose CNC machine with one axis, NcStudio or DSP could be choice for you. (By the way, the price of DSP is much cheap than NcStudio.)

In the market, usually have two kinds of machine which could process two plates simultaneous i.e. one machine with two axis(one axis with one spindle) or one machine with one axis and two spindles hang in this axis.
    The advantage of machine with two axis is you could move two axis by controller for adjust the distance when you process the same two plates. And it could be used for one plate but you need process by two kinds of tools. Like you process the plate by one Z axis which has big size tool and then, move to the other Z axis directly to use small size tool.

The feature of machine with one Z axis but two spindle is it could be used for processing the same two plates but you cannot change the distance freely because of the distance of two spindles cannot be changed. The advantage is price will cheaper.

So, I mean, you need choose the machine base on which kind of function you need. And then, you could choose the controller.

My suggestion: Choose machine with two Z axis. 4.5KW(it's enough for cutting and will not waster too much power). Origin NcStudio controller system which has function of control two Z axes.
    (Mach 3 is a good control system but I afraid that you cannot use for machine you will buy for it's not a easy work. ATC(automatic too changer) machine is very confident but I don't think it's good for you because of price is high and it's not worth for you. You don't need change so much tool in short time....)

Hope my suggestion could help you a little.

Thanks for that. Can you tell me the difference between syntec and nc studio? Is syntec a better controller?

I think I will get an asynchronous double spindle machine with 4.5Kw spindles.

Hi Dan,

I just sent message to you. Please check and let me know when you get it.
    I am not sure because I did not see it in outbox...

Best regards,

Zoe Zhang