Register for free
Login
Page 3 of 12 12345
    Does anybody have STEP files of Joes CNC MODEL 2006
    R-2 machine? I am wanting to re-model it in Native
    Pro/E. Will anyone export their
    Solidworks files of Joes machine to STEP so I can
    read into Pro/E and start modeling. Once complete, I will
    post the Pro/E models for all you Pro/E guys out there!
    Thanks!

What do you guys think of this setup to drive Joe's machine?

http://cgi.ebay.com/3-Axis-CNC-Stepp...QQcmdZViewItem

Anyone know a good email address for Joe? I am trying to contact him offline and not via PM. Thanks

i have a few questions that really need answering

first: does anyone have any drawings or something to build a controller for a cnc machine or know where i can get one cheap that works good and if anyone does have drawings or a controller design they'll share can you tell me what i need to build the controller

second: what is a good program to use to make the designs my cnc machine is gonna cut out and how do i take the image and make the cnc machine cut it is there a diffrent program i need for that can anyone help please i have a cnc machine in the works but all the other stuff i'm lost on so any and all information would be greatly appreciated i really need help oh plus what do i use to cut stuff with the cnc machine not the dremel but the tool that goes in the dremel

Thanks Joe. My JGRO is almost finished. I look forward to using it for this years personaized Xmas gifts and the construction of my own Joe 2006. It's ben great fun so far.

Quote Originally Posted by MrWild View Post
    Thanks Joe. My JGRO is almost finished. I look forward to using it for this years personaized Xmas gifts and the construction of my own Joe 2006. It's ben great fun so far.

:rainfro: I'm hoping Joe can cut my parts in time so I can finish it before christmas. Would love to make some gifts and remind people that I'm a woodworker for hire. :rainfro:

How much is the kit/hardware?

i was looking at the measurements in edrawings for joes2006 cnc are those measurments correct? some of the measurements just dont seem to add up (for example the ribs on the y axis torsion box) i might just be over looking something if so please point it out. thanks

Quote Originally Posted by FatKid View Post
    i was looking at the measurements in edrawings for joes2006 cnc are those measurments correct? some of the measurements just dont seem to add up (for example the ribs on the y axis torsion box) i might just be over looking something if so please point it out. thanks
    Use the dwg files id at all possible.

The e-drawings are more for 3d visualization.

does your machine also do engraving cause i need one to make wrestling belts

It might be possible with an engraving bit and shallow slow cuts - what metal is it?

mostly aluminum and brass

Joe's design questions

Joe,

What size router bit was used to cut out the parts for the router? Also did you offset the parts outline by the cutter diameter? Or is this already taken care of in your drawings?

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by bgriggs View Post
    Joe,

What size router bit was used to cut out the parts for the router? Also did you offset the parts outline by the cutter diameter? Or is this already taken care of in your drawings?

Bill

you do a tool offset of one half the tool dia. not the whole dia.

Joe

Hi all,

Very nice job btw Joe; thank you for your time and trouble.

These questions will have been discussed else where but as you can imagine trying to find the information in the gazillion posts is a nightmare.

What I would like to know is; how important is the torsion box that makes the gantry base? Is it absolutely necessary with the two X axis rail arrangement? The reason I ask is I would like to keep the weight down to a minimum on the gantry.

If some one could point me to the right place for this information or can tell me what the general consensus is I would be very grateful.

John

Edit: I should have mentioned by gantry will only be 28” wide.

Hello everyone. I've been checking out this terrific website on and off for some time now and I've finally decided to start drawing up a machine based on Joe's 2006. (BTW: beautiful work, Joe; I really appreciate what you've done here and your willingness to share it all) I've just now started to look over the SW drawings in eDrawings and there are a few things (alright, Many things!) I don't understand. First off, I'd be happy if someone could explain the "XAxisBearingAdjAssemblySlideBox-1". I think I know what it's for: to adjust one side of the table to be parallel with the gantry(?), but I don't understand how it works. Can someone fill me in?

Thanks, Gary

I've been looking around the site for some time now, I've got the solidworks drawing files, and they look great, but is there some kind of a file describing how to build this thing? Some step by step instructions or something like it?

Thanks!
    Rick

The assembly manual will help some.

http://www.lumenlab.com/~joe2000chev...odel_2006_R-1/

Joe

Quote Originally Posted by glw View Post
    Hello everyone. I've been checking out this terrific website on and off for some time now and I've finally decided to start drawing up a machine based on Joe's 2006. (BTW: beautiful work, Joe; I really appreciate what you've done here and your willingness to share it all) I've just now started to look over the SW drawings in eDrawings and there are a few things (alright, Many things!) I don't understand. First off, I'd be happy if someone could explain the "XAxisBearingAdjAssemblySlideBox-1". I think I know what it's for: to adjust one side of the table to be parallel with the gantry(?), but I don't understand how it works. Can someone fill me in?

Thanks, Gary
    keeps the gantry of the machine in the correct plane to the axis. and supports the bearing slide.

Red face Still confused.

Quote Originally Posted by joe2000che View Post
    keeps the gantry of the machine in the correct plane to the axis. and supports the bearing slide.
    What I don't understand, Joe, is in which direction adjustments are made with this assembly. You say it keeps the gantry in the correct plane to the axis. Do you mean that it can be moved up and down (in the Z direction) so that it's parallel with the horizontal axis of the gantry? It looks to me as if it can only be moved in and out (towards and away from the main table, in what I think you're calling the Y axis). Or, can it be moved in both of these directions. Forgive my density.

Gary

Page 3 of 12 12345