585,954 active members*
4,444 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > BobCad-Cam > Need help on V25 Machine definition
Page 1 of 2 12

Unhappy Need help on V25 Machine definition

Hello to All
    I have a little bench top mill, Bf20 L "Optimum" similar to a Grizzly model, I'm having a big doubt...when I'm putting the limits on the Y and X an Z axes, minimum and maximum negative direction as for the table is moving to the head, I have to divide by two the entire travel for each axe with the initial value like "0" ? Second question Into the tutorial and the "help" ONLY inches are mentioned as measurement ...I'm using the millimeters as my measurement...It is correct to put the axe travel in millimeters? Premise I have settled millimeters into preferences...! Thanks in advance for any help:drowning:

Quote Originally Posted by Troncatore View Post
    Hello to All
    I have a little bench top mill, Bf20 L "Optimum" similar to a Grizzly model, I'm having a big doubt...when I'm putting the limits on the Y and X an Z axes, minimum and maximum negative direction as for the table is moving to the head, I have to divide by two the entire travel for each axe with the initial value like "0" ? Second question Into the tutorial and the "help" ONLY inches are mentioned as measurement ...I'm using the millimeters as my measurement...It is correct to put the axe travel in millimeters? Premise I have settled millimeters into preferences...! Thanks in advance for any help:drowning:
    If you have the BobCAD software that is 4th Axis standard or below (Example 3 Axis Pro) then do not make any changes of the machine definition, it is only used for machine simulation in 4 th Axis Pro and above.

Regards
    Rob

:rainfro: :rainfro: :rainfro:

THANKS

Hello Bob
    ...thanks for your prompt reply, infact I have V25 Mill standard plus 4th axe and I would like to use it for some parts of my loco project!!!
    Regards
    Mauro

Red face Still help needed!!!!

I followed what You Bob suggested but when I tried to compute a tool path, for a little toroid work diameter 86mm, the program presented a lot of message asking to modify the X and Y axes travel. I modify it until the computing started...I was happy...but when I transferred the "G" codes to Mach3...I discovered that...the drawing on "Tool Path screen" where enormous and running the program the tool exceed the limits so the relative switch stopped the table!!!

I followed what You Bob suggested but when I tried to compute a tool path, for a little toroid work diameter 86mm, the program presented a lot of message asking to modify the X and Y axes travel. I modify it until the computing started...I was happy...but when I transferred the "G" codes to Mach3...I discovered that...the drawing on "Tool Path screen" where enormous and running the program the tool exceed the limits so the relative switch stopped the table!!!
    Are you sure you are correctly set for MM in Mach3 ? ?

If the code is in MM OK then it will be Mach3, first make sure that BobCAD is set for MM in both the "Part" and "Default" under Preferences

Regards
    Rob

Yesssss

Yes Bob as I told You..I'm sure about it!! Millimeters are settlet on Part and default...! I did the same work using V24...ALL went ok!!
    Regards
    Mauro

Yes Bob as I told You..I'm sure about it!! Millimeters are settlet on Part and default...! I did the same work using V24...ALL went ok!!
    Regards
    Mauro
    OK, if your Mach3 is set for MM and BobCAD is set for MM then it is possible the Post Processor is set to Inches, open your Post Processor in Notepad and go to this line :-

213. English or Metric format (E/M)? M

It may be set to "E", if it is then change it to "M", use the upper case as shown

Regards
    Rob

Also make sure in the machine definitions for v25 pro have the correct directions for the table travel selected..I ran into limit alarms on mine due to the table moving in the wrong direction exceeding my limits relative to work piece offsets.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Help on V25

Dear Phantom
    Yes! I changed the direction due to on my mill is the table moving toward the tool...so following the instruction -1 instead 1...I suspect that in this field is impossible to use millimeters...maybe I have to transform the travel of my axe from millimeters to inch...! Who knows…
    Regards
    Mauro

BINGOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I had to change On the line 213!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'll let you know if it runs....!
    Regards

Unhappy ...help needed!!

Unfortunatelly nothing changed!!! On plus...during the simulation this message appear:"invalid collision pair:"tool, stock"...! Where in Mach3 I can check the unitis?
    I'm craing on my money!!!!
    Regards

Unfortunatelly nothing changed!!! On plus...during the simulation this message appear:"invalid collision pair:"tool, stock"...! Where in Mach3 I can check the unitis?
    I'm craing on my money!!!!
    Regards
    The simulation error is because you have not correctly set up your software, if you have 4th axis then go to "Milling Tools > Default > Current settings" and under the "Machine Parameters" tab click the drop down list for "Make" and then select "BC_4x_Mill" as your machine, next go to the "Posting" tab and click the "Post Processor" select button and navigate to your Mill Post Library and select the Post Processor you want to use and then click the "OK" button.

Now go to "Milling Tools > Part > Current settings" and make sure that where it shows the "Make" check that it says BC_4x_Mill, it will be "greyed out" but if it is not correct then click the small square button with 3 dotsd on it and in the "Machine Selection" dialog that will appear you need to re-select the BC_4x_Mill, check that the other information is OK as well, now go to the "Posting" tab and check that the correct Post Processor is shown in the top box. If it isn`t correct then re-select it, now go back to the "Machine Parameters" tab and if all is still OK then click the "Save As a Default" button.
    The settings in Default and Part must match or the simulation won`t work.

In Mach3 you can check/change the Units under the "Settings" tab and look in the right lower corner and you will see the 2 buttons for the Units. See attached image.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mach Unit settings.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	98.9 KB 
ID:	176553

You will need to have the Mach3 out of "E Stop" mode or you won`t be able to change if you need to, and you have to press the UNITS Alt-U button to toggle between MM`s and INCH.

Regards
    Rob

Here is a link for a video on how to setup your BobCAD V25 software.

http://www.youtube.com/v/E_v8G5oaXlo&autoplay=1&rel=0

Regards
    Rob

..New trouble...

Dear Bob
    I did ALL as You suggested plus I reloaded the program...now the situation is that:
    when posting the error message is:" Error reading machine xmlfile: Failed open file"
    On simulation the error message is the same...Invalid collision pair tool,stock...
    Regards

Half trouble...

After long work I made a new own machine!! I had to repeat few times the procedure for installing it at the end ALL went ok I was able to post and I cheched the codes on Mach 3...IT WORKED WELL! On simulation the message is the same..."Invalid collision pair:tool,stock"
    Regards

Getting closer

After long work I made a new own machine!! I had to repeat few times the procedure for installing it at the end ALL went ok I was able to post and I cheched the codes on Mach 3...IT WORKED WELL! On simulation the message is the same..."Invalid collision pair:tool,stock"
    Regards
    Sorry, been busy on other things today.

The only other thing I can think of is this :-

Did you download the Demo software and then purchase later, if yes did you use the codes sent to you to License the software to register the Demo version that was already on your PC ? The Demo version is not the full version and may not work correctly after being registered.

When you purchased the software you would have been sent a Link to download the software again, if yes did you download from the link ?

If you were sent a CD then the above does not apply

Regards
    Rob

Help needed

Hello Bob
    No prob thanks anyway...for your help. Yes when I purchased the software a Link has been sent in a message to download the software and I downloaded the program from the link. I used this download for reinstall the program...
    Regards
    Mauro

Is your "Collision Checking" set up OK ? See attached image for how mine is set.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Collision Checking.JPG 
Views:	25 
Size:	69.8 KB 
ID:	176662

Regards
    Rob

Situation...

Dear Bob..You are so kind....
    This is my collision check for my mill...and the second screen show the simulation after the message was deleted.
    Regards
    Mauro
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CollisionCheck.jpg   Schermata1.jpg.png  

FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dear Bob
    Finally the simulation works....What I did was:
    1. Delete the program via Windows;
    2. Delete ALL folders manually;
    3. Download a fresh fiole from the site via the link on the initial message;
    4. Reinstall the program;
    5. Made a new machine...
    I cheked the program by a file Used really on my machine...It runs!!!:banana::cheers:
    I would like to say you a big THANKS for your help...thanks again,
    Regards

Page 1 of 2 12