585,557 active members*
3,421 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Toyoda > Toyoda FA-800 pallet changer? hates me!

Toyoda FA-800 pallet changer? hates me!

I have a Toyoda FA-800 4-axis horzintail mill. I have been fighting this pallet changer for days now. I can manually acuate the soilnoids to get a pallet in and out but it will not complete the M90 cycle. It always stops at the M95 portaion of the macro. When doing a pallet confromation I get "AL59" Pallet program no. error.. I have the right pallet on the table I can see it. Any help would be greatly apprecated.

You need to make sure keep relay 11.1 (pallet in machine) is on and keep relay 10.2 (right pallet) is on. I would suggest checking the machine serial number and ladder program number and reply to this message with the details. We have a tons of FA-800's here so we have lots of resourses and experience with them, we should be able to get you going. Hope this helps

Quote Originally Posted by hatebreed View Post
    You need to make sure keep relay 11.1 (pallet in machine) is on and keep relay 10.2 (right pallet) is on. I would suggest checking the machine serial number and ladder program number and reply to this message with the details. We have a tons of FA-800's here so we have lots of resourses and experience with them, we should be able to get you going. Hope this helps
    Thanks, I called Toyoda and they walked me through this check. Keep relay 11.1 was on but keep relay 10.0-.7 were all off. I had to turn on 10.1 and it was all good after that.

Cool good to here

On the outside forks that hold the pallet there is a pallet confirmation switch that is activated when the pallet is set onto the forks. There is a cover on the side that you can take off to gain access to the switch. The plunger has a tendency to get chips in it and blocks the signal to the switch which will hang up the keep relays as you have found out.