584,800 active members*
4,815 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > pro engineer post processor fanuc 18i mb5 and fanuc 180i Ma

pro engineer post processor fanuc 18i mb5 and fanuc 180i Ma

as the title says... does anyone has those specific post processors for those two fanuc controllers? does anyone know which other post processors might work on these controllers?

thank you in advance

It might be helpful if you'd identify what machine these are for.

Quote Originally Posted by dcoupar View Post
    It might be helpful if you'd identify what machine these are for.
    the one with the 18i mb5 fanuc controller is a maxima 5(5 axes) marble cutting cnc machine and the one with the 180i ma fanuc controller is a speed (4 axes) cnc machine

anyone?

Surely a generic Fanuc post processor comes with Pro Engineer? The Fanuc controls are all mostly 100% compatible other than a few M codes which you can easily edit in by hand. The actual XYZ (& B,C etc) Pro-engineer-generated coordinates will work with any control. The easiest way is to start with a basic Fanuc mill (3 axis) control post-processor and do a simple 3 axis part then run that on the machine to make sure it works as expected. Or choose a post-processor with the same number of axes as your machine and modify it, or even just use it as-is if it's close enough to be usable.
    alternatively you should contact the Pro Engineer technical support.... or get some software that is more popular like Mastercam ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by fordav11 View Post
    Surely a generic Fanuc post processor comes with Pro Engineer? The Fanuc controls are all mostly 100% compatible other than a few M codes which you can easily edit in by hand. The actual XYZ (& B,C etc) Pro-engineer-generated coordinates will work with any control. The easiest way is to start with a basic Fanuc mill (3 axis) control post-processor and do a simple 3 axis part then run that on the machine to make sure it works as expected. Or choose a post-processor with the same number of axes as your machine and modify it, or even just use it as-is if it's close enough to be usable.
    alternatively you should contact the Pro Engineer technical support.... or get some software that is more popular like Mastercam ;-)
    thanks for replying my friend...i know that the post proseccors are basically the same for the fanuc controllers but the thing that both the machines have suction cups and some other specifications because they are for marble/granite cutting...that's my problem and that's why i need those processors otherwise i would i have done it by hand just like you said on your post my friend....i will look into mastercam and try to contact PTC as you said... thank you!!!

suction cups? you mean air clamping etc? if yes those are just M codes and you could use any CAM software to generate the program and add the simple M codes later.
    or is it more complicated than that?

Quote Originally Posted by fordav11 View Post
    suction cups? you mean air clamping etc? if yes those are just M codes and you could use any CAM software to generate the program and add the simple M codes later.
    or is it more complicated than that?
    i've tried that and it doesn't work my friend this is my machine [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cm9XAdpgicE]CMS Brembana MAXIMA 5 Axis Profiling with blade - YouTube[/ame]

you tried what exactly? post a sample program so we can see what 'works'. I'm sure it's not that difficult.
    if you have a list of G/M codes specifically for your machine post that too. if you have a manual just take a photo of the G/M codes page(s)

from what i know it's the same g/m codes for every fanuc controller... and here is a complete g-code for one operation of the machine http://dl.dropbox.com/u/82272714/%CE...BF%CF%82/O0500

no many M codes are machine-specific.
    For example your program has many non-standard M-codes.....
    M91, M92, M93, M234, M235, M31, M15, M38, M39, M41, M185, M191, M192, M21.

Without knowing what they do it's impossible to make a post-processor.

The program you listed contains mostly macro. Did you write that? The comments are a mix of languages (French/Italian). That's not helping..... Looks like M31 is Air Clamp On (PADS ON)

You may be better off going with a more standard CAM program like Mastercam or something else that can handle 5 axes.

Note that any CAM software will write G1/G2/G3 XYZABC coordinates long hand so you may need more memory if doing 5-axis work.