585,758 active members*
4,537 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

help dyna myte 2400

Hi, I have a problem in connecting the PC to my Dyna, we have a DB 9 on PC and DB25 on the Dyna , thus we have connection pins:

2 ----- 2
    3 ----- 3
    4 and 6
    5 ----- 7
    7 ----- 5 and 6
    8 ----- 4
    ****** 8 and 20

We use the Mach3 as driver, we tried everything, we configured the ports as well, but there is no communication between the machine and the PC ... what can we do? What is the problem?

We would appreciate any information we can provide.

Are you using the Dyna Myte communication software? I think this is a requirement for their control. What year is your machine?

I have a copy of dynacom.exe but no idea how to use it. You are welcome to a copy if it would help.

Dyna Myte

OH! Software need not know ... I'm going crazy. Well this machine is the mid-'80s. but it works well. I just want to know that I need to connect the machine to the PC. Can you send me a copy of Dyna software. How I can connect to the PC? What kind of cable I can use? Only I have a million questions ...

Thank you very much for everything ...

I had a 4400 with the Dyna control that was made around 1983-5 ish. Once I purchased their communication software, which is a must have to communicate with their control, I didn't have any trouble with the cable. Hopefully Fastest1 can help you out, if not I can try to find out what I still have. Unfortunately it is on 3.5" floppies and I don't have any computers with a drive still installed.

If my experience is any indication your frustration is only beginning, wait until you really start using it! No pulse generator made touching stuff off real fun!

help dyna myte 2400

All I know is it is called dynacom.exe
    PM me an email address and I will send it. Somebody else will have to tell you if it will work and how to use it. Somebody gave it to me quite a while back. I will actually send you a copy of everything Dyna I have. Some manuals service and operations mostly 2400 and 3000 stuff.
    A lazy man does it twice.

I don't remember what operating system it used. IIRC it may have been dos. I no longer have the simple manual that came with the software. Have you tried emailing Dyna Mechtronics? They are still around at Supports and Services. It would be worth a try to find out what they can offer for how much $$$.

help dyna myte 2400

From what I could understand with Roberto, a dongle was required. There are no more. No matter the price. Not saying there isn't a workaround. I just never found one. That being said, I wasn't and am not well versed in CNC and all the communications techniques. I did build all the cables and try using a DNC program IIRC. It might have been possible but the conversion to modern electronics and Mach3 was easier.

help dyna myte 2400

Someone just responded to one of my videos on YouTube. He says I shouldn't have converted my Dyna over because the original soft and hard ware were great. He went in to say that the software was available for free. No dongle needed. I did reply to him that many people would like to know how to achieve this. I invited him to come here and post how to do it. We will see. I know I was not capable at the time of my attempt. Not saying it wasn't possible, I just wasn't knowledgeable enough.

Over in the Dyna Mechtronics forum I posted a thread about how I was able to communicate using a couple different DNC software programs, one of which was free and very functional. I also used hyperterminal to load a small program. I'm no expert and spent a lot of time experimenting, so consider the advice worth what your paying for it. However, I am able to run unlimited length programs and I actually like the original control.

help dyna myte 2400

I believe this person who had responded wasn't limited in line length IIRC. I was pleased with the few things I could do via the original controller. Had I known how to string together commands or transfer GCode, or for that matter utilize the original Dyna macros as they seemed like very short efficient codes, I wouldn't have converted possibly. But I spent plenty of time trying to pursue that avenue. I think technology and its benefits are on my side.

Quote Originally Posted by Fastest1 View Post
    Someone just responded to one of my videos on YouTube. He says I shouldn't have converted my Dyna over because the original soft and hard ware were great. He went in to say that the software was available for free. No dongle needed. I did reply to him that many people would like to know how to achieve this. I invited him to come here and post how to do it. We will see. I know I was not capable at the time of my attempt. Not saying it wasn't possible, I just wasn't knowledgeable enough.
    I replied to the U-tube posting. I have used the Dyna 2400 for years and it is pretty easy to set it up to down load extended length programs in Dyna language. i.e. 3000+ lines. There are a few requirements. I have some information on my WEB site at Dyna Mechtronics Dyna produced a free communications program that would run on a 486 computer with a 25 pin serial port. That requires a little pain to find a computer like that but they are available cheep and not hard to find. The software checks the speed of the processor so it will not run on a Pentium. Second the communication cable is unique to Dyna so make one like there manual shows. Third the Eprom on the late model Dyna 2400 controllers can be upgraded FREE with the 1B4E Eprom available from Dyna. It is just a plug in chip and they usually want the old one back. When you set the controller up to Download a program it will ask if you want to execute the program, when you select YES it will give a LOAD BLOCK command in the window. When you download the program it will run the first 900 lines then load the second block of 900 lines automatically and continue running the program. I use MasterCam and use there Dyna post to post in Dyna language. It runs slick and easy with little hair pulling. I have used it for years.

help dyna myte 2400

Glad you posted. There are a few who have not converted and are very curious in how to get it done. I hope this will help them. Did I miss your website?

help dyna myte 2400

Well I just saw your site. I don't ever remember seeing that one. I would have loved to try my mill and lathe before conversion. I did like the short codes produced on the controller. Do you access those or do you run regular GCode?

DYNA 2400 Drip Feed

I have a Dyna 2400 with original components. After spending much time trying to drip feed with various programs, including Dynacom.exe, I saw a printout of a basic program in the back of the user manual. I typed this program into Quick Basic, had to do a little debugging, and then compiled it to a EXE program. I am using a 9 pin on the computer end and a 25 pin on the machine end (null modem cable config). It works great on my Dell laptop with XP Pro. Have drip fed a 10,000 line NC file to the machine. One thing I want to mention is that the checksum on my controller is 1B4E. I also have a spare controller with a checksum of DD53 and it does not work. When I get time I will pull the eproms (4) and reprogram them to give me the 1B4E on the spare controller.

Dyna 2400 Drip Feed

I have a Dyna 2400 with original components. After spending much time trying to drip feed with various programs, including Dynacom.exe, I saw a printout of a basic program in the back of the user manual. I typed this program into Quick Basic, had to do a little debugging, and then compiled it to a EXE program. I am using a 9 pin on the computer end and a 25 pin on the machine end (null modem cable config). It works great on my Dell laptop with XP Pro. Have drip fed a 10,000 line NC file to the machine. One thing I want to mention is that the checksum on my controller is 1B4E. I also have a spare controller with a checksum of DD53 and it does not work. When I get time I will pull the eproms (4) and reprogram them to give me the 1B4E on the spare controller.

25 Pin dyna male _________________ 9 Pin PC female

1 GND ------------------------------ 1 no connection
    2 ----------------------------------- 3
    3 ----------------------------------- 2
    4 ----------------------------------- 7
    5 ----------------------------------- 8
    7 ----------------------------------- 5

com1, 2400, N, 8, 1 Software Handshake (x-on x-off)