584,861 active members*
4,943 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > BobCad-Cam > bobCad + BIESSE .
Page 1 of 3 123

bobCad + BIESSE .

I'm super excited for my new... "BIESSE ROVER A 1332 5-AXIS CNC MACHINING CENTER" arrival .

SO some questions for you guys ( the Biesse support is horrific ) :

Do you know of any problems to expect regarding the connection process with bobcad ?

Will the exported tool-path code just .. work ?

Will the biesse program give me the option to check the path to avoid a possible crash ?

Any tips/tricks you want to share ?

Has anyone altered his Post Processor to Better fit his Rover A ??
    (if so - can you post it - in your reply ? )

Thanks guys
    Inigo M.

Biesse works should come with the machine. I use Vectric Aspire for some files on our Biesse flat bed machine. Bobcad is not one of my choices as their help is worse than Biesse.

BobCAD is always here to help! I can tell you that the BIESSE ROVER and controllers are not a standard ISO code ( G code ) . The controller is conversational and we do have posts that work for them.

If you are new to BobCAD I would recommend you consider some of our training options. We offer on line classes that will help you better understand how to use BobCAD for your programming and part cutting goals.

Will you be programming 2D parts or 3D parts:?
    Al DePoalo
    Partner Product Manager BobCAD CAM, Inc. 866-408-3226 X147

Hello . Yes - 3D and 2D .

Yes - I'm tuning myself to create both 3D and 2D work.

After all there is a reason behind the 5AXIS machine..

Do you know for sure that the Bobcad can export to my machine without problems ?

What file format can the bobCad export - in such a way that the machine can simulate and do a prevention "crush" test ?

( biesseWorks calls this simulation: "optimization" and it's able to import bpp cid cix dxf formats )

hmmm. full 5 axis work? i would do a lot more research!
    where in the uk are you?
    what was the last owner using to create the code required?

Quote Originally Posted by Inigo Montoya View Post
    Yes - I'm tuning myself to create both 3D and 2D work.

After all there is a reason behind the 5AXIS machine..

Do you know for sure that the Bobcad can export to my machine without problems ?

What file format can the bobCad export - in such a way that the machine can simulate and do a prevention "crush" test ?

( biesseWorks calls this simulation: "optimization" and it's able to import bpp cid cix dxf formats )
    so much to learn, so much to pass on.

Re: bobCad + BIESSE .

My Biesse won't read my iso files any help?

What version of BobCAD are you running and what post processor are you using?
    Al DePoalo

Quote Originally Posted by aldepoalo View Post
    What version of BobCAD are you running and what post processor are you using?
    Running V30.

What do you mean by what postprocessor? I'm just using the one BobCAD sent me

Quote Originally Posted by fdg35 View Post
    Running V30.

What do you mean by what postprocessor? I'm just using the one BobCAD sent me
    Did they give you a post processor for free for the biesse ?

The Bessie post processor is a scripted post processor that has a cost. There is support for the mono center and some other format that I don't recall.
    Al DePoalo

FDG35-

The post processors is used to format the code BobCAD produces. The code format has to match the format the machine works with, otherwise what you program in BobCAD will not match what happens out on the machine.
    Al DePoalo

Hello
    how did you make out with a post
    we got a post from Bobcad and its not liking the code, something is still wrong in the program line ,
    we have contacted Biesse but thier software department is on vacation till next week, see how we make out we updated bobcad to V30 from V21
    and that is a huge learning curve in itself but for what we do we like Bobcad if we only get the post to work properly yet

Bobcad is geat stuff ,,,but why in God’s green earth are you not using Alphacam with biesse,,,,alphacam and cabinet vision were built around the nc1000 controllers post processing in the late 2000’s ,,,,,,I’m gonna make a lot of people upset by saying this but Alphacam is the correct package for biesse cix ,,,,

Keysoftwareservice.com

former tech/installer,,, worked at biesse for a few months ,,,trained at stiles

I may have to reconsider alphacam or mastercam
    right now Im banging my head against the wall , the code that bobcad spits out is not correct and maybe bobcad doesnt know biesse
    bobcad served me well that past 10 years with thermwood

I may even continue drawing with bobcad and than exporting dxf to biesse works
    I dont have money to invest into a drawing program at the moment and we are just a small shop doing a lot of repeat things
    I am hoping we can make bobcad post processor work for biesse but maybe Im asking for too much from Bobcad I dont seem to have luck finding anyone that is using bobcad to biesse and possibbly there is a reason

If you paid for Bobcad and for the post then Bobcad and it doesn't work then Bobcad should refund your money or send a post that will work with your machine. If They claim that they can do it then that is false advertising. I would then contact my State attorney general

Re: Hello . Yes - 3D and 2D .

I will give them a little more time I don't like learning new programs so if they get it working and me happy than all is good
    Id like to hear from someone using bobcad and their post to biesse
    they claim folks are doing so but I have yet to to talk or hear from some one that is doing so

Mastercam makes an iso post for biesse from a guy “ postability in Canada”
    Maybe I’m being bias ,,alphacam was the first package I was trained on scmi in Alphacam v5,,,,
    each cam has its strength ,,,,

‘the post is the most vital thing- the software is readily available (Alphacam posts are simple vba)
    electrical requirements / vacuum suction pumps
    dust collection’
    air drier
    a sober operator : )

Never ever ever pay for any software before making sure it “cuts” some of the salesmen out there should get Grammy awards for their Performances

You need a cad package to draw basic geometry ( free if you search properly)
    you need the cam package to apply a tool to the geometry ( also free if you search properly)
    you need the post to create the nc code.

if you don’t take the time and do research now,,,some of the companies will have you at 50-60k before u know it,,,,
    ‘there are decades of knowledge on this site,,,

A member on here saved us 10k by giving me a demo in their pc before we purchased hsm pro.

we have been using bobcad for the last 10 years and worked great, at low cost, for on our thermwood router which is a 1995 with a updated 91000 super control which we bought 10 years ago
    we updated to v30 from 21 this past fall
    and just brought in a new machine biesse well 10 years old but that's new for us, we are a small shop with a small budget , so alphacam is to expensive for us plus they make u pay maintenance fees of close to 1200 bucks a year or more ,

Applied for a job with thermwood tech in 2006 for New Jersey installe,,,,they never called me back ; (

beautiful machines though ,,and service is spot on

Page 1 of 3 123